Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 03:33 PM   #1
joe645
joe645 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire Tablet
Convert Audiobook

Excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask this question but as a new user, I'm allowed one mistake, right? I have recently become addicted to listening to audiobooks on my Kindle Fire (via mp3 files). I have many audiobooks on CD's How can I convert these CD's into MP3 format to listen on my Kindle Fire?
joe645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 04:06 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
There is software that will do that. What sort of machine do you have? Windows? Mac? Linux?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:30 PM   #3
joe645

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
There is software that will do that. What sort of machine do you have? Windows? Mac? Linux?
I'm using Win10
Old 10-31-2018, 08:12 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
The basics...
  1. Open Windows Media Player
  2. Insert CD into computer
  3. Click Rip CD button

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...s-burn-rip-cds

There are other programs that can be used like EAC (Exact Audio Copy) or Foobar, but for basic MP3 Windows Media Player works just fine. For other options or video instructions just Google "rip cd to mp3" and you'll have more options than you can imagine.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:10 AM   #5
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Step one is the rip the mp3's off the cds, like AnemicOak says. Just make sure you name the files so you can listen to them in order.

There are programs that will allow you to stitch together the mp3's into one file. I use a mac, so I can't really say what's the best program is for Windows.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:21 PM   #6
joe645

Quote:
Step one is the rip the mp3's off the cds, like AnemicOak says. Just make sure you name the files so you can listen to them in order.

There are programs that will allow you to stitch together the mp3's into one file. I use a mac, so I can't really say what's the best program is for Windows.
Thanks for all the advice.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:23 PM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:

Hi, I have a mac and an audiobook in 27 chapters I purchased tonight. Can you recommend a program for mac please? Thanks

Edited to say ignore me. I used Chapter and Verse on Windows

Last edited by Josieb1; 11-27-2018 at 05:40 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #8
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Now, I wouldn't ignore you, that would be rude.

For future reference, I've used Audiobook Builder for the Mac and it works fine, though it hasn't been updated in about a year and thus hasn't been updated for Mojave. It still works fine under Mojave. It's in the App store.

I get most of my audiobooks from Audible, but for some reason, The Silmarillion isn't available there, though the cd's are, so I bought the cd's and used Audiobook Buider to build one file. Sounds fine to me when I listen to it.
Old 11-28-2018, 12:29 PM   #9
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Stepping in to second Audiobook Builder.

I have Audiobook Builder and Audiobook Binder which is free.

I've used both and actually prefer Binder. Just to let you know your 27 part audiobook will need to be in 2 parts. Both apps limit the file time to 18 hours which is OK for most books, but of course, not all. When there are multiple parts be sure to put some sort of part designation at the beginning of the file name for quick reference.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #10
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I prefer to rip CDs into a book with each disc tagged as Part 1 (or for longer books War and Peace 01, 15, 30, etc.), the way Overdrive books are formatted.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote