Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
How did you do it?
I did a search for 'Remove Admob on Android' and followed some instructions, as I recall I installed the Adfree app - can't recall the details it was 3-4 years ago.

Added: these days I hardly use my phone as an app device, I prefer using my Surface Go LTE.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-18-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:18 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.

Device: B Ares/Alita, OB Nova2/Poke2/Poke Pro, Tol Epos2/Shine3/Shine2/Page2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
In your opinion.
No - it is here regulated by law.
Old 06-19-2020, 01:26 AM   #18
ottischwenk
Guru
ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.ottischwenk is less competitive than you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
FWIW: it isn't a copyright violation to post a link to an identical-to-shipped un-hacked version of an APK. If it hasn't been hacked then running it will require the same license check that the play store version applies.
Unhacked, because I never used hacked versions.
They were loaded with Raccoon from the Play Store (com.multipie.calibreandroid-391.apk).
And with the publication of this link, I only help app buyers to escape this subscription trap.

Last edited by ottischwenk; 06-19-2020 at 01:50 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:55 AM   #19
vikarti
Zealot
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Primary: Bookfusion + a lot of Android devices
I don't have ads on 5.4.4.10 (401) and I'm on beta.
Could you post screen with ads? where are they? And where is subscription option?

p.s. I personally is not against 10US$ per year sub if bugs will be fixed and application will be maintained and updated with new features.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:55 AM   #20
ottischwenk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikarti View Post
Could you post screen with ads?
No - I have removed this version
Quote:
where are they?
I saw this picture
Click image for larger version

Name:	message-20995421-4062473943782479049.jpeg
Views:	25
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	179990

on the bottom of the screen
Quote:
And where is subscription option?
I donot know

Last edited by issybird; 06-19-2020 at 08:03 AM. Reason: Oversized image thumbnailed. Please read the guidelines before uploading another image.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:28 AM   #21
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i'd like to see the text of this alleged contract, and how it was signed by the parties.

if you cannot produce the contract, stop claiming contract-breaker

the android subscription option is not there because it does not exist yet

maybe your device has a general malware infestation, not caused by the app, as no one else with the app is seeing any ads
Old 06-19-2020, 06:19 AM   #22
ottischwenk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
i'd like to see the text of this alleged contract, and how it was signed by the parties.
You like to make yourself look ridiculous!
There are also oral contracts - also:
Every purchase is based on a contract.
And as soon as this is changed unilaterally, it is a breach of contract.
And since I am the buyer, the laws of my country apply.
It's that simple.
By the way - as soon as you take on a contract as a new team, you take on both the rights and the obligations.
So I can rightly call the team a contract breaker
Quote:
if you cannot produce the contract, stop claiming contract-breaker
I hope you understand the paper above
Quote:
the android subscription option is not there because it does not exist yet
Aha - nevertheless I was bothered by the previous shown picture.
Quote:
maybe your device has a general malware infestation, not caused by the app, as no one else with the app is seeing any ads
As a little hint:
Check out the Google Play Store as a beta tester and read exactly what it says.

For info:
In the meantime I have already received some thanks for the update warning and the download option of the original version 5.4.3.3

Last edited by ottischwenk; 06-19-2020 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:40 AM   #23
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
1. you don't have an oral contract - you have never spoken to the seller.

2. when you agree to become a beta tester ( as you did) , you agree to such things as test transmissions of adverts. you volunteered. no one forced you into it.. you have the option to leave the beta test at any time. I doubt you will be missed.

3. if you volunteered for beta in the same way that I did, you would have agreed to give feedback on beta versions privately only to the developer, not to attack them in public. So probably you have broken that agreement.

4. FYI. still no adverts appearing on either of my devices

Last edited by stumped; 06-19-2020 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-19-2020, 07:56 AM   #24
ottischwenk
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
1. you don't have an oral contract - you have never spoken to the seller.
Not even a conversation is necessary - the purchase (order, delivery and payment) is enough for a purchase contract.
Quote:
2. when you agree to become a beta tester ( as you did) ,
The reason was your hint that these stupid bugs don't appear in your version
Quote:
you agree to such things as test transmissions of adverts.
No
Quote:
you volunteered. no one forced you into it.. you have the option to leave the beta test at any time. I doubt you will be missed.
On the other hand, I don't want to see my pseudonym associated with such a contract-breaking team
Quote:
3. FYI. still no adverts appearing on either of my devices
I can't say anything about it, but it doesn't seem completely incomprehensible to me that you are unable to recognize something like that
Old 06-19-2020, 08:04 AM   #25
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Drop this pointless argument, please.
Closed Thread