Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2022, 02:07 PM   #1
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Firmware 4.33.19608

Firmware 4.33.19608 has been released.

Automatically posted by kfwproxy.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 02:15 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here are the notes from Kobo.

Quote:
Easier to see books on sale

• You can now see which books are currently on sale in your Wishlist, the Kobo Store, search results, your recommendations, and on the book details page.

• Look for the crossed out price to see how much the book was before it went on sale.

General improvements & bug fixes:

• Battery percentages are now reported more accurately.

• Improved formatting in Catalan dictionary.

• Fixed a bug that caused some OverDrive libraries to get stuck when loading if there were no books in the list.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2022, 08:20 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As has been noticed, firmware version 4.33.19608 has been released. This should be going to all devices following Kobo's normal firmware roll-out schedule.

This release is largely fixes to the Kobo store. My notes from the beta have the changes as:
  • Battery level for the newer devices handled better.
  • Missing character prompt when reading MOBI.
  • Removed highlight export limit for sideloaded epubs.

calibre
For calibre, there are no changes that will affect the drivers. The supported firmware version will be bumped in the next release of calibre. Until then, it is safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in the driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:46 AM   #4
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
gonna try this. will test if the hangs/freezes I experienced in 4.32 will be resolved
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 04:25 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
gonna try this. will test if the hangs/freezes I experienced in 4.32 will be resolved
Please let us know how it goes. Thanks.
Advert
Old 06-02-2022, 05:57 AM   #6
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
BTW, this release also adds support for setting the UI font to OpenDyslexic.
geek1011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:04 AM   #7
GlenRunciter
Enthusiast
GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'GlenRunciter knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Sage
For me the best thing about this new firmware is that the buttons seem to work exactly again.
In the previous firmware sometimes i had to press the button twice to turn the page.
This now works properly again.
GlenRunciter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 07:22 AM   #8
xyclonei
Connoisseur
xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.xyclonei put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post

I combed over the settings page but could not locate that option. Any idea where it might be?
xyclonei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:35 AM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
How is this done?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 08:52 AM   #10
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
This release is largely fixes to the Kobo store. My notes from the beta have the changes as:
  • Battery level for the newer devices handled better.
  • Missing character prompt when reading MOBI.
  • Removed highlight export limit for sideloaded epubs.
Removal of highlight export limit for sideloaded books, which might be PD or you may own copyright is good.

I remember being disgusted with Sony Net MD player/recorder that you could only read back own recordings via analogue (artificial) and even your OWN content could only be written to one Minidisc. Yet radio station reporters used them. Sony was always totally stupid about DM schemes after they became a Media company as well as Electronics.

I hope they've not broken anything!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 10:12 AM   #11
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Sage N778 seems OK and the Sideloaded mode still active. Updated via https://pgaskin.net/KoboStuff/kobofirmware.html
Stylus & Advanced Notebooks still works!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 11:33 AM   #12
rtiangha
Evangelist
rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rtiangha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The various official Nederlands dictionaries don't appear in the drop down menu for me even though I have them installed. Is this happening to anyone else? I first noticed this in 4.32.
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:47 PM   #13
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I got one hang freeze after finishing a book, going back to Home page, and opening "Activity" tab. However, despite trying, I was no longer able to reproduce the hang freeze I would get when when trying to connect to PC.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2022, 12:56 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
I got one hang freeze after finishing a book, going back to Home page, and opening "Activity" tab. However, despite trying, I was no longer able to reproduce the hang freeze I would get when when trying to connect to PC.
ePub or KePub? Side Loaded or purchased and synced?
Old 06-02-2022, 02:45 PM   #15
PetBest
PetBest began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I got two times a repeatable hang freeze. It happened after an Open, Scroll Down to page 2 and Close (X) of the Read Settings screen. I entered that screen for the first time after this latest upgrade. I went via Menu More -> Settings -> Read Settings. I only scrolled down and closed the sceen via X at the top of page 2 of 2. I did NOT change any setting.

My Kobo Libra 2 freezed and only by keeping the Power putton pressed for about 15 seconds I was able to restart the device.

The third time I entered the Read Settings screen it was via an open eBook (I went via the top icon) and then I changed first a setting (Reversed button) and direct back to Standard. I scrolled down and closed the Page 2 of 2 via the X.

Now all is okay...also via the Menu route. It looks as if a setting change has overwritten something that previously caused a hang.... not sure of course. But is it was strange as I could repeat this problem after the first time it occured.

Anyhow, if you encounter such behaviour you might be able to solve it as well.
PetBest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, firmware release