Notices

Old 09-11-2009, 08:48 PM   #1
shrktank
Connoisseur
shrktank has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony 650,Nook Color and iPad
If Amazon sold books in various formats

Just curious about a thought I had.

Amazon wants to support the Kindle as that is their system, but what if they offered their ebook library to Sony Readers, but charged $2 to $3 more per book? This would accomplish supporting their reader stil but would also increase their overall book sales
shrktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie
Grandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litterGrandma Aubbie doesn't litter

Device: sony 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrktank View Post
Just curious about a thought I had.

Amazon wants to support the Kindle as that is their system, but what if they offered their ebook library to Sony Readers, but charged $2 to $3 more per book? This would accomplish supporting their reader stil but would also increase their overall book sales
Hmmm, someone else thinks like me. I actually found Jeff Bezos e-mail and made the suggestion that Amazon sell books for the Sony. I did feel a little bit like I was selling USC sweatshirts on the UCLA sidelines.

The response reads:

My name is Peg Anderson of Amazon.com’s Executive Customer Relations. Jeff Bezos received your email and has asked me to reply on his behalf.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the ability to download electronic books for your Amazon Kindle and Sony E-reader. We really value your input, and are always looking for new ways to improve the services we offer. To ensure your idea's reviewed, I've shared your suggestions with our Kindle Business team for their consideration when planning future improvements.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide this feedback to us.

Thank you for contacting Amazon.com.

If you want Jeff's e-mail to do a little of your own pushing, it is:

jeff@amazon.com

The email response was from the executive customer relations branch
ecr@amazon.com
Grandma Aubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Why would I want to pay Amazon more just because a book was offered in another format? I'd rather spend the money at another etailer. Besides, I suspect that if Amazon sold books in non-Kindle formats at a higher price, it would simply give other etailers a possible competitive edge, which would be anathema to Amazon.

Although I wouldn't buy from Amazon in any event, I would much rather see Amazon adopt the epub standard for the Kindle and open its store to any device that can handle epub.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
What if you just take the first part of the suggestion that Amazon sell ebooks for Sony EReaders? I think that would be a good idea because as it is now they are not only missing out on the sale of a Kindle to all who buy Sonys, they are missing out on all future sales of ebooks to those readers.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote