Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-19-2021, 06:00 PM   #181
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
I had to update my ElasticSearch to the latest version to get it working after updating the plugin, so that might be worth a try.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:47 PM   #182
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Currently using PowerSearch 2.1.0, 2021-Jun-16 with ElasticSearch 7.13.2. I have two libraries in use. I was seeing re-indexing issues on my Intake library plus weird book counts. I removed the indexes for both libraries and then rebuilt them and the issues seem to have disappeared. Note the images for my intake libraries were prior to doing the remove search index and full rebuild on both libraries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	intake_power_search.png
Views:	170
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	187760   Click image for larger version

Name:	intake2_power_search.png
Views:	151
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	187761   Click image for larger version

Name:	main_power_search.png
Views:	168
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	187762  
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:59 PM   #183
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Currently using PowerSearch 2.1.0, 2021-Jun-16 with ElasticSearch 7.13.2. I have two libraries in use. I was seeing re-indexing issues on my Intake library plus weird book counts. I removed the indexes for both libraries and then rebuilt them and the issues seem to have disappeared. Note the images for my intake libraries were prior to doing the remove search index and full rebuild on both libraries.
How do you remove the index?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 08:34 PM   #184
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
How do you remove the index?
Open Power Search, click on options, click on Clear search index, click on Yes. I repeated this for both libraries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Power_search_options.png
Views:	143
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	187764  
Old 06-19-2021, 09:37 PM   #185
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Open Power Search, click on options, click on Clear search index, click on Yes. I repeated this for both libraries.
Thank you! Now to add a book and see what hapens
Old 06-20-2021, 05:26 PM   #186
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: android
Thank you for your feedback, DNSB!

I guess I know what was happening. Prior to 2.1.0 the index of different libraries was not fully separated. Now once you run 2.1.0 for the first time the plugin will try to upgrade ElasticSearch index to the new "format", where every library has completely separate index. To do so, plugin will attach the index to currently selected library, therefore leaving the index for other libraries empty.
For people who were using only one library this upgrade won't be noticed. But the ones who were already using different libraries they might see some strange behavior.
Of course, full reindexing will fix this issue.
mapozyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 08:40 PM   #187
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Thanks for letting me know that I was on the right track. Everything has looked happy since I did the full index on both libraries.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:52 PM   #188
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

I've only ever had one library, but after following DNSB's tip to delete the old index and re-index from scratch, adding 5 new books and selecting "re-index new books" worked as intended, only the new books indexed. Thank you!
Old 06-21-2021, 10:16 PM   #189
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What does this error mean? I get it while using the "reindex new books" option in an Action Chain, but with different numbers (presumably book IDs?).

Code:
calibre, version 5.21.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>KeyError</b>:'6454:EPUB'

calibre 5.21 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Action Chains (1, 9, 0) && Audit Log (1, 0, 16) && Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 16) && Calibre Power Search Plugin (2, 1, 0) && Comments Cleaner (1, 3, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && Embed Comic Metadata (1, 6, 1) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && EpubMerge (2, 11, 0) && Extract ISBN (1, 5, 0) && FanFicFare (4, 3, 7) && Fantastic Fiction (1, 4, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 0, 5) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 5) && Generate Cover (2, 0, 2) && GetFileName (0, 1, 1) && Goodreads (1, 5, 1) && Import List (1, 5, 6) && Job Spy (1, 0, 190) && Kindle hi-res covers (0, 5, 0) && Kobo Books (1, 8, 2) && Kobo Utilities (2, 14, 0) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 4, 4) && Library Codes (1, 0, 50) && Manage Series (1, 2, 11) && Modify ePub (1, 6, 2) && Obok DeDRM (7, 2, 1) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Overdrive Link (2, 45, 1) && Quality Check (1, 11, 2) && Reading List (1, 7, 6) && Search The Internet (1, 8, 1) && SmartEject (2, 3, 0) && Standard Ebooks (1, 0, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 1) && View Manager (1, 6, 0) && Walk Search History (1, 3, 2) && Overdrive Link* (2, 45, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.caps.main", line 425, in add_worker_complete
KeyError: '6454:EPUB'
EDIT: Reindexing all my books seems to have fixed it.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 06-21-2021 at 11:32 PM.
Old 06-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #190
mapozyan
Connoisseur
mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.mapozyan composes epic poetry in binary.

This is strange... I haven't tried Action Chain, just tried doing reindex from dropdown menu attached to the button. Maybe it won't be the same behavior, need to investigate.

Thanks for feedback!
Old 06-23-2021, 03:18 PM   #191
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I think I figured out what happened: I accidentally triggered the re-indexing process while one was already in progress, and that caused it to get stuck. Re-indexing the entire library fixed it though.
Old 07-11-2021, 09:58 PM   #192
WHY
Enthusiast
WHY began at the beginning.

Device: none
[Feature Request] Search count for each book

This plugin is a very powerful full-text search tool. Thank you for it. I want to make a feature request: Is it possible to temporarily store the keyword count found for each book in a customized column?
WHY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 08:36 AM   #193
mapozyan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHY View Post
This plugin is a very powerful full-text search tool. Thank you for it. I want to make a feature request: Is it possible to temporarily store the keyword count found for each book in a customized column?
Hi WHY,

Thanks for feedback.

This might be a good feature indeed, I will check if it is possible to implement.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:50 PM   #194
motherat
Enthusiast
motherat began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke2
Greetings,

this looks great and works like a charm so far. Thank you!

I have one slightly peculiar question and no idea how feasible an implementation would be: Right now, the text field to enter a query takes a single line without breaks. Correct? Is it possible to expand this to a textarea that could accept multiline queries?

In case I'm not making sense, I'm thinking of a larger textbox similar to the one used by Calibre's "saved searches" dialogue; the one that's available while editing a single epub.
motherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:27 AM   #195
mapozyan
Connoisseur

Hi motherat and thanks for your feedback.

Honestly, I can hardly imagine any usecase where single-line searchbox would not be enough. Think on Google search, all of its power begins with simple textbox.

I took some quick look at "saved searches" dialog. Indeed, here we have a multiline searchbox and lots of UI components but we have some advanced functionality (like replace), too. I guess Power Search does not need all of this?

Nevertheless, I am open for discussion.