Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 08-28-2020, 09:46 AM   #1
PetrusV
PetrusV began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, android phone, android tablet, pc, kindle
COPS : Calibre OPDS WordPress Plugin

Hi there,

I've always wanted COPS inside WordPress, and so finally hired a team of developers to create it for me at a massive cost.

Because it now exists inside WordPress, any existing WordPress plugin can be added. (you cannot control or sell the book downloads, as that is still using the original COPS php).

It works, and I have added membership and also private messaging plugins for the people on my site.

I will not give this away for free, because it was extremely expensive and took very long to create. But for those who are interested I am prepared to sell my working version at a fraction if what I paid.

The profits I make will go into further development.

Inbox me if you are interested.
PetrusV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Are there any legal issues with your selling this seeing COPS is licensed under GPL 2.0
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 05:16 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Does this do anything that the Library Bookshelves Wordpress plugin from the Guilderland Public Library doesn't do? That plugin has the capability to populate shelves using Calibre OPDS (and HTML) PHP Server API and works quite well.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 05:01 AM   #4
PetrusV

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Are there any legal issues with your selling this seeing COPS is licensed under GPL 2.0
I am not selling the COPS, but my WordPress plugin that interfaces with it. I do not have to sell the plugin at all, but I am not going to give it away for free as it really did cost me a fortune. So I guess it will remain with me alone. And I am happy with that.
Old 08-29-2020, 05:02 AM   #5
PetrusV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Does this do anything that the Library Bookshelves Wordpress plugin from the Guilderland Public Library doesn't do? That plugin has the capability to populate shelves using Calibre OPDS (and HTML) PHP Server API and works quite well.
No it has nothing to do with Library Bookshelves Wordpress plugin.
Old 08-29-2020, 01:01 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrusV View Post
No it has nothing to do with Library Bookshelves Wordpress plugin.
What I asked is if your plugin does anything that the Library Bookshelves plugin does not already do. Not if it had anything to do with that plugin but what advantages does your plugin have. If I am expected to pay for your plugin, I want to know what the cost-benefits analysis has to offer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 02:37 AM   #7
PetrusV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What I asked is if your plugin does anything that the Library Bookshelves plugin does not already do. Not if it had anything to do with that plugin but what advantages does your plugin have. If I am expected to pay for your plugin, I want to know what the cost-benefits analysis has to offer.
I could never get bookshelves to work well with a library containing 25000 books, no matter what I tried. I even contacted the author. Even he could not get it working right. It would never finished populating, I guess because the JSON script times out. It never managed to crawl and create all my books. It was also missing the search, tags and display that COPS has. I wanted to preserve the look and feel and functionality of COPS in WordPress.
Seen here: https://pasteboard.co/JoJ1WiA.png

I also have multiple libraries, and bookshelves could not handle it well.

COPS WordPress is the same as COPS, you add your folder with calibre books and database, configure the path and everything is available immediately.

Last edited by PetrusV; 08-30-2020 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-22-2020, 11:05 PM   #8
huber70
Addict
huber70 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Tolino Vision6
what's the price of this plugin, please?

Peter
huber70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 03:49 AM   #9
PetrusV

Due to the controversial nature of my plugin, I have decided not to sell it anymore at this time. Sorry.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:22 AM   #10
BiGHaRRy
BiGHaRRy began at the beginning.

Device: none
That's nice and pretty useful, gj. I also got a bit into all of this stuff even though I'm not really one that has it with technology. I own a little business and now iwth all the craziness that's been happening we decided to work from home. There are a lot of options where we can hold our meetings, but ingeniosity struck me and I wanted to make a site where we could mark all the tasks we had and also hold our meeting. I used Wordpress and a plugin for holding meetings. I'm quite impressed it worked as well as it did.
BiGHaRRy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, cops, wordpress