Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
lordvetinari2
Zealot
lordvetinari2 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi & Galaxy Note
[SOLVED] ebook-convert syntax breakdown

I have been using ebook-convert for testing recipes with calibre versions prior to 0.7.3 and now suddenly the CLI is ignoring my syntax. To check for a very weird problem, I have decided to uninstall Calibre completely and reinstall again, so this issue may have actually originated with previous versions.

I use the following syntax:
Code:
ebook-convert Publico_PT.recipe .epub -vv --debug-pipeline p --extract-to x > news_fetch_error.txt 2>&1
I used to be able to use a custom recipe in the current folder, but it seems now I am forced to use a built-in one, for some reason.

However, redirecting the stderr to a file does not create and fill that file, but at the same time no output is shown on screen. Also, the -debug-pipeline and --extract-to options are ignored and no folders are created during or after the fetching.

I am under Windows 7. As far as I can tell, there have been no OS updates between the last time I run ebook-convert the above syntax and this time.

I have read http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...k-convert.html and I am completely puzzled. What is going on?

Edited 20/06/2010: Ok, it's now working as it should now. Still, no idea what happened.

Last edited by lordvetinari2; 06-20-2010 at 07:03 AM. Reason: status update
lordvetinari2 is offline   Reply With Quote