Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 04:02 PM   #1
DerSchpock
DerSchpock began at the beginning.

Device: Sibrary G5
Boeye / Sibrary G5 support

Calibre currently offers presets for various devices. Unfortunately, my device (a Sibrary which is identical to the Boeye G5) is not included and I am having trouble finding the correct output parameters.
Is there any guide on this or can you tell me what I have to look at? Of course, I'd be more than happy to ultimately share my findings so that they can be integrated into future Calibre releases if there is any interest for that.

TIA!
DerSchpock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
All the output profile does is set screen/font size
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
DerSchpock

Thank you for the quick reply.

How do I configure it for a unit with a 5" screen and a resolution of 600x800x16? Do any have the available presets have a similar setup?
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
The physical size of the screen will not matter, only the resolution.

800x600 sounds the same as the typical Sony Reader so that might be a good first attempt?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Use the sony 300 profile
Advert
Old 06-12-2010, 06:21 AM   #6
DerSchpock

Thank you for your quick help, guys!

One final question about setting up my device properly: Calibre stores the ebooks in a "\my books\" folder whereas my reader expects them under "\my documents\". Is there any way to change the save folder?
Old 06-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What does calibre detect your device as?
Old 06-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #8
DerSchpock

As 'Boox' it says.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

To change the folder, you need to have a separate device driver for your device. If it is identifying itself as a Boox then I'm afraid you are stuck.

You can go to preferences->plugins->device interface plugins and customize the Boox plugin setting the save template to my documents
Old 06-15-2010, 03:06 PM   #10
DerSchpock

Sorry to bother you again but how exactly do I change the directory? Under Plugin Settings I only get my save template which is currently set to "{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index} {title}". I tried to change this to "\Documents\{author_sort}/{series}/{series_index} {title}" but this only puts weird "_Documents_..." directories under "My Books\".
Old 06-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Use a forward slash /, not a back slash \
Old 06-16-2010, 05:08 AM   #12
DerSchpock

This will put them into "\My Books\Documents' rather than create a documents folder in the root directory. If I try './Documents/" this puts them at "\My Books\_\Documents\". :/
Old 06-16-2010, 05:15 AM   #13
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Sounds as if the "My Books" part of the path might be hard-coded into the device driver. If that is the case then if you set up Calibre so it can run from source (as detailed in the User Guide) it should be easy enough to customise the device driver.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 AM   #14
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Sounds as if the "My Books" part of the path might be hard-coded into the device driver.
Yes, it is.

Kovid, is there a reason that the Boox driver can't do the same thing the Android driver does? It permits the user to supply a list of ebook directories, with the degenerate case being one. The Boox has the added complexity of having a storage card, so we would need to either use the same name for the card or continue with the current MyBooks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The driver can be modified to allow user customizable directories. The storage card shouldn't be a problem as I seriously doubt either device requires a special directory on the card.

@DerSchpock: Use ../Documents