Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2018, 08:59 AM   #211
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Use the correct version of KUAL for your device/firmware version combination.
Try reading the directions for these add-ins, you probably are trying to use the wrong add-in for your device/firmware version combination also.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:12 PM   #212
xxMorfxx
xxMorfxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
I have PW4 with newest KUAL and pbchess package (2018.11.23) but it doesn't work properly. On first run i got white screen and nothing happened so i restarted Kindle and now when i start vlasovsoft via KUAL i get screen blink and KUAL instantaneously exits.
I enabled logging and got this:
Code:
KPW4
prevent kindle screensaver activation
gtk fullscreen window active
Qt for Embedded Linux data directory has incorrect permissions: /tmp/qtembedded-0-0
Aborted
restore kindle screensaver activation
upgrade_batch.sh started...
upgrade_batch.sh finished.
KOReader works just fine so it probably isn't related to some jailbreak issues. Is there some other way around to lunch Coolreader?

Code:
# ls -al /tmp/
(...)
drwxrws---    3 root     javauser       100 Sep 24 20:39 qtembedded-0-0
drwxrwsr-x    2 root     javauser        40 Sep 24 21:13 vlasovsoft
(...)

Last edited by xxMorfxx; 11-23-2018 at 04:32 PM.
xxMorfxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2018, 03:36 PM   #213
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Fix the permission problem, see if it clears the problem.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:54 PM   #214
xxMorfxx
xxMorfxx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Fix the permission problem, see if it clears the problem.
Yeah, but this rises two more questions:
- what are the correct permissions?
- how to edit files outside /mnt/us/? I tried https://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-terminal/ but it also doesn't start
xxMorfxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #215
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Then wait for upstream to fix it (or for people who speak Russian to confirm that PW4 support is shaky by design for now).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2018, 08:08 AM   #216
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMorfxx View Post
Yeah, but this rises two more questions:
- what are the correct permissions?
- how to edit files outside /mnt/us/? I tried https://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-terminal/ but it also doesn't start
xxMorfxx, could you please connect with me via Skype? My skype is sergeyvl1979. I want to add PW4 support but I have no this reader. I'm sure we will quickly solve this problem via skype.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 12:10 PM   #217
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Paperwhite 4 support

Hi!

Kindle Paperwhite support is added and tested in the latest version 2018.12.10.
Old 12-10-2018, 02:47 PM   #218
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Hi,

in this version on KT3, touch screen doesn't work any more. With v2018-11-23 everything was okay. Reverted back to this version.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #219
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

ok, fixed this bug for you: ;-)
in launcher.sh, "QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KindleTS" instead of ".... KoboTS" would do the trick... :2thumbup:
Old 12-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #220
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
ok, fixed this bug for you: ;-)
in launcher.sh, "QWS_MOUSE_PROTO=KindleTS" instead of ".... KoboTS" would do the trick... :2thumbup:
Sorry, stupid error. Thanks, build is updated
Old 12-24-2018, 08:46 AM   #221
Antinoos
Groupie

A short remark after 2 weeks of usage on my PW3 and KT3:

The new, unified TouchScreen Lib "KindleTSv2" for all PW's seems(!) to consume more battery power in standby mode on my PW3. ("Standby" means here: running your CoolReader with personalized PNG files in the sleep folder.) With your old build (June 2018), the drain was about 0.5% per day, while it's now >1% per day in standby/power off mode.

In your previous builds, the same TS binary was used for all Kindles up to and including 9th generation (i.e. also the PW3). With my KT3, the standby battery drain didn't change notably. So KindleTS obviously isn't changed internally, while KindleTSv2 is - at least running on a "good old" PW3. Shouldn't this new version only be used for 10th generation Kimdles only (i.e. just for PW4)?

Have a nice Winter Holidays Season...
Old 12-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #222
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antinoos View Post
A short remark after 2 weeks of usage on my PW3 and KT3:

The new, unified TouchScreen Lib "KindleTSv2" for all PW's seems(!) to consume more battery power in standby mode on my PW3. ("Standby" means here: running your CoolReader with personalized PNG files in the sleep folder.) With your old build (June 2018), the drain was about 0.5% per day, while it's now >1% per day in standby/power off mode.

In your previous builds, the same TS binary was used for all Kindles up to and including 9th generation (i.e. also the PW3). With my KT3, the standby battery drain didn't change notably. So KindleTS obviously isn't changed internally, while KindleTSv2 is - at least running on a "good old" PW3. Shouldn't this new version only be used for 10th generation Kimdles only (i.e. just for PW4)?

Have a nice Winter Holidays Season...
I don't think that problem is in the new touch driver. But you can easily change it to KindleTS in the launcher.sh and test battery again.

thanks for reporting, have nice holidays!
Old 12-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #223
Antinoos
Groupie

... already did it yesterday ... :-)

I'm still testing if this reduces the battery drain again. Will report back in a few days!
Old 01-05-2019, 01:13 PM   #224
Antinoos
Groupie

Here's my intermediate report:

Though I'm using the standard Amazon fw very rarely (>95% of the reading time I use your toolbox, launched directly via the Kindlet azw2 document, not thru KUAL), I had started the "showtime" extension, which obviously still was running in the background. Unfortunately, the internal function isn't very well documented, but this could have caused the extra battery drain in the background.

After a full restart of the PW3, without starting anything except your launcher, the battery drain got lower again (but still seems a bit higher than with your June 2018 build). So it was my fault. But to test it more in detail, I just reverted to the version 2018-06-09 and will compare it with your latest build 2018-12-10 over the next week.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #225
sirius7
sirius7 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
There was a battery drain on version 2018-12-10 too, i've already posted about it on developer forum and that was fixed in test build. You can download it by the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kc6ps22yi...NHWNkt9La?dl=0
sirius7 is offline   Reply With Quote