Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Is there a way to strip drop caps?

I have some books which have drop caps at the start of the chapter, and I can't get them to display properly on my Kobo. I have tried reconverting them to epub and it helped a little (they no longer are giant-sized) but they still are messing up the books. Is there a way to easily fix this?
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I have some books which have drop caps at the start of the chapter, and I can't get them to display properly on my Kobo. I have tried reconverting them to epub and it helped a little (they no longer are giant-sized) but they still are messing up the books. Is there a way to easily fix this?
Hack the CSS with TweakEPUB. Just comment out the /* .old_class { stuff} */

then find the basic paragraph style and add the old class name

.normal, .old_class {...

That leaves a hint of the hack and easily reversed as the coding is still in place, just not acted upon differently
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
if you don't plan to ever reverse the code do as I do. look in stylesheet.css file for something like this
.dropcap {
blah
blah
blah
}
& delete everything between the curly brackets...
in most cases the annoying style is helpfully called dropcap or dropcaps, but if not you just have to work a little harder to find & tweak it.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote