Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-31-2021, 09:09 PM   #841
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
It's practically a mobile phone chip on a breakout board. That's why it's micro-USB.
RPi 4 uses USB-C for power now, iirc. I believe the RPi Zero's an older model though.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:10 AM   #842
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
When I ordered the Zero I had no idea how old it was. Looking at the picture it certainly looked like usb c. Likewise I assumed that the hdmi connector was the micro hdmi that's on the pi 4 but when it arrived I was annoyed to discover that it was mini hdmi. I didn't even know that there was a 3rd hdmi type.

For some reason I'm a bit mesmerized by these little computers. I shouldn't be given that my android phone is running linux, although it's buried away and not easily accessible.

The first unix workstation I used was a Sun, with a Motorola 68020. That cpu's physical size was at least as big as the Zero's board. And the Sun had something like 4 meg of ram. But it ran BSD unix just fine. With the generic/vanilla MIT X11.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 08:49 AM   #843
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Both Kinds: epub based makes and Kindle
Android phones run Android which has a custom Linux Kernel. So less similar to Linux as a complete OS with a GUI than Linux is to Mac OS X.

I remember the Solaris printed manuals
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote