Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 03-13-2021, 04:47 PM   #16
jgbout
Groupie
jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.jgbout can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
So, Can you not leave the Ares plugged in and be able to turn it off?
I had that issue on my Kobo Libra but left after I changed the wall USB adaptor.
jgbout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 11:29 PM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgbout View Post
So, Can you not leave the Ares plugged in and be able to turn it off?
If Likebook devices are plugged in, they have started up.
But they can be put into sleep mode.
If you turn them off, they'll boot again.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2022, 10:16 PM   #18
Mmpm
Mmpm began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Ares Note
Likebook Ares notes disappeared

I have a Likebook Ares, all the stuff should be up to date... I don't take it online much as I use it for note taking. I fired it up last night for the first time in a month. All my notes are there, I make a new 6 page note in the notepad. I go back this morning after allowing it to go to sleep last night, and there is NO notes. Just the preloaded ones it comes with. All my other data is thee. I have tried to find the folder notepad saves to, to see if it somehow moved or something, but I can't even see that. I tried making a new note and following where it went, no luck.
I had backed up the most important notes to my cloud drive, but I don't want to reconnect them incase there is an issue. I run Lookout so I have some security... but this is such a weird issue!
Mmpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 12:45 PM   #19
jberd
Enthusiast
jberd began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o
Virtual home button

I tend to accidentally press the virtual home button at the bottom of the Ares, which I think is an unfortunate place for it. Is there some way to turn off the virtual home button?
jberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 01:15 PM   #20
gotogolem
gotogolem began at the beginning.

Device: likebook k78w
Question likebook k78w firmware upgrade

My likebook is still at v2.3.3-2020041717

When I try to update from wifi, it says 'newest version'.
I tried to upload update.zip from a recent ares firmware upgrade via android file transfer, but when the upgrade runs, it fails while (it seems) mounting sd cards, which the likebook does not have.

Is there a way to upgrade this likebook, or am I stuck with the original >2 year old release (which is buggy and hangs quite often).

Many thanks

GG
gotogolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2022, 02:48 PM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotogolem View Post
My likebook is still at v2.3.3-2020041717

When I try to update from wifi, it says 'newest version'.
I tried to upload update.zip from a recent ares firmware upgrade via android file transfer, but when the upgrade runs, it fails while (it seems) mounting sd cards, which the likebook does not have.

Is there a way to upgrade this likebook, or am I stuck with the original >2 year old release (which is buggy and hangs quite often).
The problem is with the Android version.
Firmware versions from 3 are only available under Android 8.1.
Help is here (German).
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 11:57 AM   #22
zyrafu
zyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of lightzyrafu is a glorious beacon of light

Device: kobo aura hd
Likebook Ares blue light issue

Hello there,
I've been using Ares for several years now. After 2 years the battery died, it was only possible to use it while connected to a power bank or to a charger. I managed to replace it, the screen survived so I'm pretty glad.
The issue that I have right now is with the blue light; the blue light just stopped working. I only have the yellow/orange temperature available (lower slider). The blue light upper slider does not bring any effect. Did anybody have such issue? Do you know any way to fix it?
zyrafu is offline   Reply With Quote