Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
Most Anticipated Books for 2013

Lots of lists floating around now like http://bestfantasybooks.com/blog/mos...books-of-2013/ But I am curious as to what books everybody around here was drooling in anticipation of a 2013 release date. Of course the nosey part of me wants to know why. I am always looking for something new

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
* The Archived by Victoria Schwab (January 22, 2013)

* The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd (January 29, 2013)

* Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys (February 12, 2013)

* Nothing Cold Can Stay: Stories by Ron Rash (February 19, 2013)

* Mystery Writers of America Presents The Mystery Box (April 30, 2013)

* NOS4A2 by Joe Hill (April 30, 2013)

* The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman (June 18, 2013)
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
For me, Doors of Stone by Rothfuss and A Memory of Light by Jordan/Sanderson simply because they end the series for both. I will wait for the ebook release of Memory of Light so that might not be quite as eager as you might be talking about (These days, I only buy ebooks)

Past that, I wouldn't really say there are books that I am eagerly awaiting. There are authors who I snarf up any book they put out (for example, David Weber and Larry Correia), but it's getting hard to know when various authors are going to be coming out with new books. For example, I don't know when Correia's next book is scheduled. I assume that it's going to be sometime in 2013, but I don't know the name or when. I know that Weber will have a new HH book coming out this spring, but that's more like the comfort of a familiar read than eagerly await.

There are, of course, a host of books and authors that I eagerly await the appearance of in ebooks - All of Roger Zelazny's books for example, but I don't think that's what you are asking about.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
A Memory of Light - Brandon Sanderson

Star Wars: Scoundrels - Timothy Zahn

Shadow of Freedom - David Weber (The eARC is already out at Baen)

and who knows what else!?
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:23 PM   #5
Pickering
Connoisseur
Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.Pickering is faster than slow light.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3
Hmmm... a few come to mind:

-Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, Book 7)

-Extinction Machine (Joe Ledger, #5)

-The Crown Tower (The Riyria Chronicles)

All are part of series that I've really enjoyed so far!

Last edited by Pickering; 12-16-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Pickering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
There's Memory of Light, but mostly I'm looking behind at my to-read list rather than ahead to next year.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #7
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
A Serpent's Tooth: A Walt Longmire Mystery by Craig Johnson
Wicked Bronze Ambition: A Garrett, P.I. by Glen Cook
Tiger by the Tail by John Ringo
The Twelfth Department by William Ryan
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:16 PM   #8
JeffZ
Zealot
JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeffZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Definitely Memory of Light & Shadow of Freedom
JeffZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
All the apology books from the people who claimed the world would end in 2012...
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #10
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
I anticipate that some of the authors who wrote wonderful books in the past will do less well in 2013, and visa versa.

Why not until 2013 and see what gets good reviews (and I mean signed newspaper and magazine reviews, not anonymous squibs from the author's mother)?

For links, see left panel here:

http://www.realclearbooks.com/
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I advise applesauce to cover their eyes now, because most of mine are in the dreaded young adult - or, horrors, even middle-grade rated - categories. (And yes, I'm an adult; no, I'm not a pervert or a paedophile - I just like books with more adventure, more imagination and less, ahem, "adult" stuff in them.)

I'll add them anyway in case there are other creepy weirdoes here like me (or people looking for YA/MG stuff for their children).
  • Skulduggery Pleasant - The Maleficent Seven (Derek Landy)
  • Skulduggery Pleasant - Book Eight (Derek Landy)
  • The Heroes of Olympus - The House of Hades (Rick Riordan)
  • Third book in the Divergent series, still untitled - Veronica Roth
  • Ashfall series - Sunrise (Mike Mullin)
  • Unwind series - UnSouled (Neal Shusterman)
  • Second book in the Raven Boys series, still untitled (Maggie Stiefvater)
  • Alex Craft - Grave Visions (Kalayna Price)
  • Chicagoland Vampires - House Rules (Chloe Neill)
  • Chicagoland Vampires - Biting Bad (Chloe Neill)

All of these are books in series I've already read up to the currently latest book, so these are all books I know for sure I'm looking forward to. There are also a few completely new books coming out (either single books or firsts in new series) that look somewhat interesting, but not enough so that I'd be anticipating them eagerly.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:00 AM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebusinesstutor View Post
All the apology books from the people who claimed the world would end in 2012...
Not gonna happen.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #13
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
I advise applesauce to cover their eyes now, because most of mine are in the dreaded young adult - or, horrors, even middle-grade rated - categories. (And yes, I'm an adult; no, I'm not a pervert or a paedophile - I just like books with more adventure, more imagination and less, ahem, "adult" stuff in them.)
You Go Girl!

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:36 AM   #14
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski
New Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko ( rumored to be released in spring 2013)

Btw, I love that blog; its where I get most of my recommendations

Last edited by Geralt; 12-17-2012 at 07:50 AM.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #15
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Apparently there's a new Terry Pratchett Discworld selection coming out, "Raising Taxes".
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote