Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-05-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Hughdal
Connoisseur
Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.Hughdal can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Ex Sony-Ex Nook-New PW User
Read at What FONT Size?

Just wanted to do a quick survey as to what page size forum members read at on their Sony Readers. For me Small is pretty much useless so I fall somewhere between Medium and Large (and occasionaly go to Landscape Large!). Now my eyesight is not 20-20 and I don't like to wear glasses when I read so a 12 point font is ideal but I've purchased some books that have a maximum zoom of 8-10 point which I find frustrating. Just wondering...........
Hughdal
Hughdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I find that I pretty much always use medium (11-12 point type), but on certain books I've had to crank it up to large to get the same size as medium on most books. I can see & read small just fine, but it's not as comfortable.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2007, 01:53 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I have only needed large for one book and generally use medium for all the rest. Fictionwise's Analog also uses medium on my Reader. A few early conversions I made in BookDesigner could be read at small but I reduced it as several people who downloaded the books felt that the font size was too large at small and since we could increase it in the Reader but not reduce it I decreased the base font size back to 11 point.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:24 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Depends a lot on whether I've formatted the file myself. All of my own I read on S, all the ConnTexts I've read have been on L, others vary depending on how the formatter did them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Bokks I format myself I read on small. In Book Designer I set the paragraph font to be 11. I try to keep a similar size when using one of the libprs500 converters. If I am reading a book from Connect, I use medium. I find with the 505 that I can read smaller text easier then I could with the 500. I used to set 10 point (from BD) to medium. With the 505 I leave it as is but I would still prefer 11.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #6
BruceW
Connoisseur
BruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-booksBruceW has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader
I like to read using the small font, even if I have to use a magnifying glass. No way am I old enough to have to use the bigger fonts. (long live self deception)
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #7
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
You probably mean font size, not page size. If your Reader can change the page size I want one too...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote