Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #1
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Why dont Canadians get a new kobo right away when they do a RMA

How come in Canada they send us a empty box then we send it back to them and they send us a new one but everywhere else in the world they get a new Kobo sent to them. If you live in most areas of Ontario you can get it in 1 day so it would only take about a week to get a new one. But in say BC it takes 3-5 business days to get there and the same time to get back to Toronto and they same time to get back so people in bc may have to wait 8+ days to get the new Kobo and thats a MIN number since they might not be home when it comes and if it comes on a Friday they may have to wait to Monday to send it back.

I heard from another site that some people in Australia got their new kobo in 4-6 days and people in the USA in 3-5 days if they live in a border town

Last edited by wes101; 05-25-2011 at 04:15 PM.
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #2
omgfire
Enthusiast
omgfire began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Ipod Touch 4th Gen
All depends on the location of the warehouse and what shipping method is used. Kobo is located on Toronto, Ontario so I'm not surprised that it would be faster here. Depending on the issue you can usually walk into a chapters or indigo store and get a replacement there. I'm not sure why some people get a new one shipped to them but I'm going to guess it has something to do with taxes and such here, or some law.
omgfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #3
The Cod Father
Enthusiast
The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.The Cod Father is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: KOBO. Kobo Aura
I was wondering the same thing , I am curre3ntly waiting for yet another replacement Kobo . I am always sent an empty box to send back only to recieve a Refurbished unit back a few days later . why not just send the replacement out with the empty box to return the old one and save all that wasted shipping and maybe offer us loyal First generation users with an upgrade to a current unit that works .. Just curious

TCF
The Cod Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:24 AM   #4
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Strange, I'm on Vancouver Island in BC. I think it took in total 2 maybe 3 days to get a new Kobo AFTER I shipped my broken one to them. Pretty stinking fast if you ask me.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote