Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #1
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
SonyStyle updates Connect Store screenshot

Hey, all, just noticed that SonyStyle (the Sony division that has control of the rascal) has just updated their screenshot of the Connect Store -- here is a direct link.

The shot suggests what the pricing is going to end up being like. Remember the $14.95 for The DaVinci Code? (which was hardback at the time) Now they're showing a bundle of (6) Hemmingway novels that they'll sell for ~$50 -- if you buy them separately, it looks like they'd be about 10 bucks apiece. There are a few others pictured at the bottom for $10, $6 & $1.20.

I'd be interested in perusing the full listings, but I'm sure they won't let us in until the Reader launches, I really want to see the sci-fi (ΨΦ! ΨΦ!) listings. (sigh) Probably just as well, then I'd just get even more impatient about the whole thing. If I did that, I'd probably keel over from stress.

I understand that there will be more "bundles" which are supposed to cycle on the site. I also understand that there are suposed to be upwards of 10k titles on the service, so CCDMan ought to be pleased!

Not too shabby -- especially considering that the publishers are the ones who set the pricing for ebooks (just like they do for pbooks -- don't get me started there). Maybe the publishers as a whole are starting to come around to this ebook thing! Wouldn't that be something?

Here I'd like to note the excellent attitude toward ebooks that Baen publishing has shown all along, both to honor them, and the late Mr. Baen himself, and so that the rest of you don't give me a hard time about it. (you know you would)
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #2
Gavman42
Gavman42 began at the beginning.

Free books

Baen's free lib. and webscriptions are what got me interested in this. that and the fact that I can't fit my lib in a dorm room. as to the prices I figured theyed go down, the old ones where probably samples a programmer came up with to test the site.
Gavman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 05:44 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavman42
...as to the prices I figured theyed go down, the old ones where probably samples a programmer came up with to test the site.
I'm pretty sure that the $14.95 for The Davinci Code was accurate at the time, but the book was still in hardback then, which makes that price for the ebook quite attractive. The hardback was, what? Around $25?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote