Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #46
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikar View Post
Here is a poor pic of all three with the same book in the same font. It was a freebie in the stores so no conversion or sideloading.

PW then the Aura then the Glo
What font is it? (Just curious)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #47
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Now that I have set up the Aura to my liking. My opinion would be if you can spare the extra cash the get the Aura. I am going to use my Glo as my traveling eReader but the Aura will be my main device. It is whiter, sharper, and snappier that any reader on the market that I know of. Just read through a few chapters of a book I was reading on the Glo and I am guessing the battery life is going to be much better considering I am averaging four less page turns a chapter. I just wish the had used the soft touch plastic to give it better grip. Oh well, guess I will have to order the sleep cover next.
Now that's the kind of review I like to read. Real user experience.

Maybe a skin would give the back a nicer feel.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #48
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Here is a poor pic of all three with the same book in the same font. It was a freebie in the stores so no conversion or sideloading.

Thanks for the pics. Impressive how much more text fits on the Aura's screen.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #49
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many eReaders, One annoyed wife.
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
What font is it? (Just curious)
Caecilia - since that is what my Kindle was set to I just set the others to that as well. I prefer the Kobo Nickel out of the stock fonts.
kikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #50
kikar
Zealot
kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kikar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Now that's the kind of review I like to read. Real user experience.

Maybe a skin would give the back a nicer feel.
Definitely would like a skin or something that maintains the design of the back. I would never have thought that the ridges would be as comfortable as they are.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #51
kikar
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Thanks for the pics. Impressive how much more text fits on the Aura's screen.
You're welcome! After I tweaked it to my liking I found that with the screen resolution I could set the font smaller than before and still read comfortably with my Mr. Magoo eyesight. So even more words per page. Which means less page turns and more battery.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #52
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:

Thank you for the pictures. Do Kindle PW and Aura HD have similar color in person? My friend has a Glo, but prefers PW background color, Aura HD might be the answer.
About my order, I called KOBO to add a cover. To save KOBO some shipping money if KOBO decides to ship them together. The poor customer service gentleman could not find my order in their system, he really felt bad. I feel sorry causing him a early Monday morning blue. My credit card was charged, so it's just a matter of time the Aura HD will arrive. Hey, if you're thinking about calling KOBO for your Aura HD order, don't get your hope up. And please don't make nice customer service people feel bad.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #53
kikar
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by david8866 View Post
Thank you for the pictures. Do Kindle PW and Aura HD have similar color in person? My friend has a Glo, but prefers PW background color, Aura HD might be the answer.
About my order, I called KOBO to add a cover. To save KOBO some shipping money if KOBO decides to ship them together. The poor customer service gentleman could not find my order in their system, he really felt bad. I feel sorry causing him a early Monday morning blue. My credit card was charged, so it's just a matter of time the Aura HD will arrive. Hey, if you're thinking about calling KOBO for your Aura HD order, don't get your hope up. And please don't make nice customer service people feel bad.
Yes, my Aura is closer in color to the PW than my Glo. Once everything was adjusted to my liking it is much better than the PW. The Kobo team should really be proud of this reader. I hope I don't have to deal with CS. I do need a cover but I want to wait until they have an espresso one in stock. I got the Onyx Aura and my wife got the Espresso one. So I want to wait and order the covers together. Or find a nice skin that was suggested earlier.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:58 PM   #54
kikar
Zealot

PW and Aura 100% brightness in my living room during this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	561.5 KB
ID:	104793  
Old 04-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #55
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It looks lovely. I am so green!
Old 04-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #56
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I am on pins and needles waiting for my ship notice! I keep telling myself that constant checking of my email is pointless, it will come when it comes, but ...
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #57
kikar
Zealot

I went to go make some shelves on my Aura only to find that the shelves I had created on my Glo where already created on my Aura. I am one happy camper.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #58
mystika1
Addict
mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mystika1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Air 2, , Kindle Voyage, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura H2Ov1, Kobo Mini
I know some people report bugs in the Kobo firmware but I must say that the newest firmware(2.5) has really fixed the bugs that were bothering me. I loved my Glo before...but now I love it even more.

Penny
mystika1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:57 PM   #59
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Just out of curiousity regarding the Kindle, what in the hell does "Loc 48" mean?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #60
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Just out of curiousity regarding the Kindle, what in the hell does "Loc 48" mean?
Location 48, the super secret dark place where the souls of Kindle users are taken and experimented upon?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote