Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #1
The_book
Zealot
The_book began at the beginning.

Device: none
How to convert Epub to txt with number remained?

I have an Epub with <ol> and <li>, so it has number. How to remain it when I convert it to txt? Because I find the txt do not have number.
The_book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
<ol> and <li> is the code adding the numbers to your list. So when the ePub is converted to text, there are no numbers in your text lists. You cannot convert to text the way you want. You'll have to go into the text files and add in the numbers by hand.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 01:05 PM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_book View Post
I have an Epub with <ol> and <li>, so it has number. How to remain it when I convert it to txt? Because I find the txt do not have number.
When you convert to TXT you could try going to the 'TXT output' page in the calibre conversion options and in the 'Formatting' menu choose markdown rather than plain.

The output will still be a .txt file but more of your styling will be retained using Markdown's syntax which you can read about here.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote