Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 05-08-2007, 01:56 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Boothby, Guy Newell: Dr Nikola Omnibus. v1. 8 May 07

Here's a series that I can practically guarantee that you'll have never heard of, unless, like me, you're a trawler of the darkest depths of the PG archives .

Guy Boothby (1867-1905) was an Australian author who moved to England in 1894 and wrote over 50 novels in the next decade, before catching pneumonia in the wonderful British climate and dieing. He is most noted for writing novels which cater for that great fascination of later Victorian times, the occult and the supernatural.

He is best known (so the references say!) for this series of 5 novels, featuring the "anti-hero" Dr Nikola, a master of "occult powers", seeking immortality and world domination.

Anyway, here's the series:

1. A Bid for Fortune (aka "Enter, Dr Nikola", aka "Dr Nikola's Vendetta")
2. Dr Nikola Returns (aka "Dr Nikola")
3. The Lust of Hate
4. Dr Nikola's Experiment (Some great "period" illustrations in this one!)
5. Farewell, Nikola!

I've not read these, so I don't know if they are good or dreadful, but they sound quite fun. If you do read them, please do let us know what they're like.

Enjoy!

EDIT: 9th May 07

Uploaded a new v2 to correct the problem reported with the descenders on the title page being truncated. That's the only change.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dr_Nikola_Omnibus.zip (3.65 MB, 1144 views)
File Type: zip Dr_Nikola_Omnibus_v2.zip (3.65 MB, 1224 views)
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 05:28 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I have heard of him, but haven't read anything...question:

Have the "y" descenders cut off on your master copy, on the title page?

Thanks again, Harry. This is sure to be some great reading here.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2007, 02:20 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks - I hadn't spotted that problem. I'll get it sorted.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:00 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I've uploaded a new v2 which corrects the problem.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #5
HarryLwin
HarryLwin began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot Harry. But I'm a new user. How can I read the LRF files? I have nothing to view them.
HarryLwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2009, 07:27 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

This forum section is for people with a Sony Reader.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:31 AM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLwin View Post
Thanks a lot Harry. But I'm a new user. How can I read the LRF files? I have nothing to view them.
you can use the built-in viewer in calibre to view lrf files on your pc if you don't have a sony reader.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote