Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-27-2019, 10:54 AM   #16
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrph View Post
You can get Kindle Unlimited books to convert in Calibre as well with the proper plugin if that's the primary feature Kindle has going for them in your case.
Doing this means the book does not get counted as read by Amazon, so the author does not get paid.
murraypaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:12 AM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Doing this means the book does not get counted as read by Amazon, so the author does not get paid.
Same difference keeping WiFI off and side loading on a Kindle. Amazon's scheme relies on WiFi bing on to since the page read. That's a rather poor way of doing it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2019, 12:13 PM   #18
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: lLenovo Yoya tab plus , fire HD10 HDX8.9,
it used to be that if you jumped to last page while online, then amazon reckoned you had read the whole book and author got a full credit.
but that was abused by scammers placing skip- to-end links in the book to trigger a last page read and padding with a few hundred pages of random text at the front, just behind that jump to link, to bulk out the page count.
I had an example of that with 400+ pages of recipes inside what claims to be a game guide, then 10 pages of actual guide at the back. So Amazon changed the algorithm.

you are only talking about ~1 cent to the author per single finished KU loan though, so donate that to a worthy cause if you want to pay for your offline read
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote