Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #91
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by megacoupe View Post
The installation file I used was: libprs500-0.3.95.exe

Is that not the beta GUI? I just downloaded it for the first time about 3-4 days ago and I've never had any other installation of libprs500.

I apologize for not holding onto the error messages I had before. If I ever decide to give libprs500 another shot, I'll be sure to post them on this forum. To be honest though, I think I'd rather wait for a newer release before trying the current one again.
Did you run the beta GUI or the old one? To run the beta GUI you need to launch from a terminal, clicking the icon launches the old GUI.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:27 AM   #92
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Just upgraded to 0.3.99 and its looking very nice, however a couple of issues.

First, I went to add books, selected an html file and got the error:
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main.py", line 261, in add_books
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main.py", line 279, in _add_books
TypeError

Then, tried to use the convert e-books button and it displayed the window where I set various options but didn't seem to do anything when I clicked OK.

Next, when I tried to download the BBC RSS feedl, it core dumped:
ASSERT failure in QCoreApplication::sendEvent: "Cannot send events to objects owned by a different thread. Current thread 8c271c0. Receiver 'LRFSingleDialog' (of type 'QWidget') was created in thread 872a7f0", file kernel/qcoreapplication.cpp, line 253
Aborted (core dumped)

However, when I restarted and tried it again, it seems to be working this time. and has created an lrf file OK.

Finally, when I select the above LRF file and click the convert e-books button it gives me the following error:
list index out of range
Detailed traceback:
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main.py", line 535, in convert_single
File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/dialogs/lrf_single.py", line 80, in __init__
IndexError: list index out of range
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2007, 02:36 PM   #93
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The convert ebooks dialog is not functional as yet. The other errors have been fixed. Thanks.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #94
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Released 0.3.102 with a functional GUI for ebook conversion.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #95
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Amny other changes to 0.3.102 or an I OK with 0.3.101 since I like the CLI?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #96
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I think there was a little refactoring in html2lrf's internals, but nothing major.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #97
iacchi
Zealot
iacchi is on a distinguished road

Device: PRS-500; Boox C67ML; Boox Max
First of all a question: I've downloaded and installed the latest version (0.3.104) but it doesn't work well, and I need something usable to update my library. Could someone upload and give me a 0.3.79 installer for Windows?

And now, let's report the errors I have.

When I try to import to library a pdf file I have this error:
Code:
  File "main.py", line 208, in add
  File "main.py", line 56, in function
  File "main.py", line 216, in add_books
  File "libprs500\gui\widgets.pyo", line 657, in add_book
  File "libprs500\gui\database.pyo", line 65, in add_book
  File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\meta.pyo", line 27, in get_metadata
  File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\pdf.pyo", line 34, in get_metadata
  File "libprs500\ebooks\metadata\pdf.pyo", line 59, in get_metadata_from_file
TypeError: __nonzero__ should return bool or int, returned unicode
When I try to import an RTF file I got this error:
Code:
  File "main.py", line 208, in add
  File "main.py", line 56, in function
  File "main.py", line 216, in add_books
  File "libprs500\gui\widgets.pyo", line 657, in add_book
  File "libprs500\gui\database.pyo", line 64, in add_book
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: u'C:\\[path]\\file.rtf'
(I'm administrator on my system)

If I try to add to library an lrf file (converted from a lit file, which worked with the previous version of libprs500) it works and I can send it to the reader, too. The problem is that when I open it on the reader, 50% of the files doesn't work and I have to do some tricks to unlock the reader.

I've tried to open the beta gui, too, but I get this error:
Code:
  File "main.py", line 695, in <module>
  File "main.py", line 689, in main
  File "main.py", line 133, in __init__
  File "libprs500\gui2\library.pyo", line 367, in set_database
  File "libprs500\gui2\library.pyo", line 102, in set_database
  File "libprs500\library\database.pyo", line 629, in __init__
  File "libprs500\library\database.pyo", line 558, in create_version1
sqlite3.OperationalError: table books already exists
I've tried to install libprs500 on my Debian Lenny, too. I get error while downloading the file from the web using easy_install (I switched off my linuxbox now, if you need the error, tell me). I'm not sure I have the right version of python installed (maybe 2.4), but I don't think a download error is a matter of python version.
iacchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:50 PM   #98
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The PDF import is a bug, I've fixed it in svn. I'm not sure why you're getting permission denied errors on the RTF file. I assume you replaced the actual path with [path]?

You can fix the beta GUI by deleting the file library1.db. How are you uploading the LRF files? And can you send me one of the lit files that doesn't work.

libprs500 wont work with python < 2.5 and unless you post the error I can't tell you about it.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #99
iacchi
Zealot

I was able to load the new GUI. With this one, the RTF file problem disappears but not the one with the lrf files.

In the attachment you find a zip file with two books (in the original lit format and in the converted lrf one). If I load them with the connect software (using my other computer with winXP) everything goes well; if I use libprs500 the one with the "cognomi" word in its name (sorry they're in italian) just show up a blank page when I try to open it and force the reader to auto-reset. The other one doesn't show the end page when you open its summary (the menu option "End", just to be clear) and if you open it, it block the reader (you can unlock it plugging it to the PC).

For the linux error, if you don't mind I'll post the error message tomorrow. It's 2 o'clock in the morning here and I think I'll go to bed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip books.zip (867.5 KB, 218 views)
Old 08-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #100
iacchi
Zealot

Another suggestion: on Windows the library.db file is stored in the main directory (C: or whatelse). It should be better to create an %appdata%\libprs500 directory and put all the user stuff in there, just as in linux.
I'm administrator on my PC so I have no problem, but some users may not have the rights to write on the main folder, so they couldn't manage their library.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:50 PM   #101
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

The library.db file is created in what python thinks is windows equivalent of the /home/user directory in linux. I'd be very surprised if that location was not user-writable.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:09 AM   #102
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Holy crap! This GUI works awesome for creating ebooks. For me so far, they have come out way better than when I had to use terminal. I don't know what the difference is specifically, but it's way easier and the spacing looks way better. I was never that great at the terminal version.

Wait, I'm rambling because I have no bugs to report. Sorry! It works fine for me so far and I feel I can finally match what everyone else has been doing. Yay!
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 02:15 AM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Glad to hear it
Old 08-25-2007, 05:58 AM   #104
iacchi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The library.db file is created in what python thinks is windows equivalent of the /home/user directory in linux. I'd be very surprised if that location was not user-writable.
Maybe my python installation is stupid :P
It's a fact that I have the library.db in the C:\ folder, and from what I know, the C:\ folder is not writeable for a normal user without superuser rights. Maybe I'm wrong here.
Old 08-25-2007, 07:45 AM   #105
Adrian
Adrian began at the beginning.

Device: n/a
When I tried to do the Fetch news using the new GUI, I selected NY Times and put in my username and pass, but it then crashed, saying 'Bus error'. Fetching the news using the command line (and the same user/pass) still works though.
Adrian is offline   Reply With Quote