Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2021, 11:13 PM   #1
Minhkwan
Minhkwan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
KCC for Clara HD

Hello guys. I'm using KCC to make my own Manga for my Clara HD. I wonder which profile to use?
By the way I want to ask, if I compress a 1gb5 cbz file, my Koreader can't read it and my Nickle even doesn't recognise it on the device.
Minhkwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:35 AM   #2
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhkwan View Post
Hello guys. I'm using KCC to make my own Manga for my Clara HD. I wonder which profile to use?
By the way I want to ask, if I compress a 1gb5 cbz file, my Koreader can't read it and my Nickle even doesn't recognise it on the device.

I’ve not used KCC before. We tend to use Calibre around here for conversions, but maybe I can save you some time?

Were you aware that your Kobo Clara HD can read CBZ and CBR files natively? I read a lot of manga and just side load the CBZ files onto my Elipsa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2021, 07:35 AM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minhkwan View Post
Use the Glo HD profile. They have the same resolution and screen size.
Quote:
I'm not sure what you are asking. Firstly, I'm not sure what "1gb5" is. Is the "5" a typo? Or do you mean a 1.5GB file?

I think you are starting with a CBZ that is at least 1GB in size. Are you putting that on the device? Or using KCC to create a kepub? I can't comment on KOReader as I don't use it. For nickel, it is likely there is a maximum size that can be handled. There is a maximum TXT size. Anything larger than 2MB (from memory) will be ignored. 1GB is pretty big, so Kobo might not handle them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote