Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-07-2021, 09:09 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Kobo Sage FCC

Apologies if this is a redundant thread, but has anyone found the FCC ID for the Sage?

What about the Libra 2?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:34 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, these devices were made by Netronix, but they haven't filed any FCC paperwork since May (and that wasn't an ereader).

And Kobo has not yet posted the legal and safety doc for either ereader (the FCC ID would be mentioned there).
Advert
Old 10-07-2021, 10:07 PM   #3
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I was wondering about this. The absence of any "heads up" via FCC submission was what had me thinking the Elipsa was all we were getting this year.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 10:28 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I was wondering about this. The absence of any "heads up" via FCC submission was what had me thinking the Elipsa was all we were getting this year.
Me, too.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:46 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I was wondering about that also. It some ways it's better not to know. Was there ever an official announcement, or did they just list them on their websites?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2021, 02:05 AM   #6
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I was wondering about that also. It some ways it's better not to know. Was there ever an official announcement, or did they just list them on their websites?
They didn’t email that I saw, but they did post on their Facebook and Twitter. I’d assume any other social media accounts they have as well.

As to the FCC filing I had a nagging memory of the Elipsas, specifically that it was rather undetailed. I looked back for the thread and found it here . I didn’t go digging through the whole thing but all we knew at one point was it had Bluetooth and was 32GB.

Which is true of both the Sage and Libra 2. Could they have used this for multiple devices somehow?
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 10:10 AM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
They didn’t email that I saw, but they did post on their Facebook and Twitter. I’d assume any other social media accounts they have as well.

As to the FCC filing I had a nagging memory of the Elipsas, specifically that it was rather undetailed. I looked back for the thread and found it here . I didn’t go digging through the whole thing but all we knew at one point was it had Bluetooth and was 32GB.

Which is true of both the Sage and Libra 2. Could they have used this for multiple devices somehow?
I don't think they can do that - the different screen sizes and specs would preclude it. Or at least that's what I thought was the case.
Old 10-08-2021, 03:11 PM   #8
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I don't think they can do that - the different screen sizes and specs would preclude it. Or at least that's what I thought was the case.
That’s what I thought, it’s just the only explanation I can think of, unless Kobo could/would request the filings to be private (I am woefully ignorant of FCC regulations).

I just know Kobo must have the rights to sell them both in the US as my billing and shipping address are both US ones, they have it on the US site, etc.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
That’s what I thought, it’s just the only explanation I can think of, unless Kobo could/would request the filings to be private (I am woefully ignorant of FCC regulations).

I just know Kobo must have the rights to sell them both in the US as my billing and shipping address are both US ones, they have it on the US site, etc.
Usually only the photos and similar identifying details are embargoed at the FCC. In the past this has at least left us the model number and test results.

I didn't think that all the filings could be embargoed at the FCC, but you are right that could have happened.
Old 10-08-2021, 08:56 PM   #10
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
model number
Kobo Libra 2: N418

Kobo Sage: N777 & N778K
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 12:07 AM   #11
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Kobo Libra 2: N418

Kobo Sage: N777 & N778K
This I already had.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:23 AM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

To answer my own question, Netronix/Kobo filed the FCC paperwork for the Libra 2 on 12 October, and file the Sage FCC paperwork on 18 October.