Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Kobo Touch A.
I steadily apply the Kobo Patches, which really is a great thing, many thanks for it!
One of my favourite patches is the "Make full justification the default" in "KEPUB stylesheet additions" of libnickel.so.1.0.0.yaml. My setting is this:
Code:
    # Example 1: Make full justification the default:
  - ReplaceString: {Offset: 467, Find: "/******************************************/", Replace: "body{text-align:justify                    }", MustMatchLength: yes}
    #
and I receive this message:
Code:
 kobopatch.ReplaceString index=9 line=993
          |         ReplaceString(467, "/******************************************/", "body{text-align:justify                    }")
          |         could not apply patch "KePub stylesheet additions": line 993: inst 9: ReplaceString: could not find specified bytes
        --> could not apply patch "KePub stylesheet additions": line 993: inst 9: ReplaceString: could not find specified bytes
I checked what I could but could not find the error. Can someone, please, help?
All other patches work fine!

Edit: In earlier patches the offset was 0x023B. Does this matter?
It's nothing you've done. It's an error with the patch. The solution/fix is in post #6 of this thread (page 1).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:56 AM   #32
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
@JSWolf: Thank you so much, that did it! I had read this post, but obviously not understood at first.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2020, 05:30 PM   #33
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You've got it all wrong. You do not need to fire up a command prompt. You just double click the .bat file and it runs the command prompt and the command prompt closes when done. I know for sure that the .bat works under Windows proper. I don't have to play around with the .bat to get it working. Yes you may prefer Cygwin, but native Windows just works better in this case.
You seem to be making the assumption that there's a .bat file I can click on somewhere. If I don't have an Windows Explorer window open in the right folder then I've got to nagivate to that folder before I could double click on said .bat file. Then I get the negatives of a command prompt that closes and tosses away any output that I might be interested in reading.

And thanks to Geek's commit, I don't have to play around with the .sh file anymore either to get it working.

Yes, I do prefer cygwin, and no, native Windows doesn't just work better in this case for me.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:28 PM   #34
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
'Reduce top/bottom page spacer'

Check if you enabled this patch.
you may have also tweaked the amount, I did but I forgot I had so applying the default patch threw me off.

I think I cut the patched version by half, for the Forma. Note however I like the text bumping rather close to the edge.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 11:46 PM   #35
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
From my own experiments, there's also a funky issue (since 4.17, I believe), where lowering the spacer too much will actually have the inverse effect (i.e., a larger effective vertical whitespace).

That shouldn't be an issue with default values, though.

And I haven't double-checked that on 4.20 yet.

Relevant section in my notes.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2020, 02:36 AM   #36
ICDeadPpl
Enthusiast
ICDeadPpl began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Does the script catch errors and show them with PAUSE, so that the window doesn't close until a key is pressed?
This way one could see what the error was, and fix it.
ICDeadPpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #37
makara
Connoisseur
makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'makara knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: KA1, KLH2O, Oasis 3
Can a patch be made to prevent Nickel from scanning hidden directories?
Method: {KOBO_DIR} / Kobo / Kobo eReader.conf

[FeatureSettings]
ExcludeSyncFolders = \\. (?! kobo | adobe). *?
It do not work on KAO1.
makara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #38
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@makara: Yes it does, once you get rid of the typos and extra random spaces .

That said, we do have a nuclear option available.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 08:20 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDeadPpl View Post
Does the script catch errors and show them with PAUSE, so that the window doesn't close until a key is pressed?
This way one could see what the error was, and fix it.
In the out directory there is a log file that you can view to see any errors.
Old 03-08-2020, 09:11 PM   #40
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
How can I shrink the size of text in pop-up footnotes?

How can I shrink the size of text in pop-up footnotes? With the newest firmware (4.20.14601), the pop-up footnote text is huge. I'd like it smaller.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:10 PM   #41
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Hmm, will there be a updated version for 4.20.14617?
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:31 PM   #42
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohhnyMix View Post
Hmm, will there be a updated version for 4.20.14617?
As that just released tonight, no. If I had to guess I'd say some patches, maybe even most, will work. But I'm not an expert in the area of patches.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 11:33 PM   #43
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGlitch View Post
As that just released tonight, no. If I had to guess I'd say some patches, maybe even most, will work. But I'm not an expert in the area of patches.
Basically any but the libnickel ones will work. If this was a bigger release, I'd have the motivation to get the patches out tonight, but since this is a small one, it'll have to wait until tomorrow or the next day.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:30 AM   #44
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

If you've not yet patched this firmware, you should wait for the patches for the newer 4.20.14617 firmware. They may be available in a few days.

Yet another new firmware. 4.20.14622 is the current firmware (ATM).

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-13-2020 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-13-2020, 09:10 PM   #45
JohhnyMix
Connoisseur
JohhnyMix began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O V2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If you've not yet patched this firmware, you should wait for the patches for the newer 4.20.14617 firmware. They may be available in a few days.

Yet another new firmware. 4.20.14622 is the current firmware (ATM).
Oke i will! I thought i updated my kobo h20 v2 a week ago to this firmware but guess it got updated again without me knowing it hehe. Anyways, i want to thank everyone for all the kind answer and this community is the best!
JohhnyMix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching