Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-19-2020, 04:34 PM   #511
socnsum1
reader
socnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Ipad Air
Think it's great value. Some seminal works in there. Zenith is great, Judge Dredd Case files are all early Dredd collected and Halo Jones! well worth it in my opinion
socnsum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 12:50 PM   #512
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
What's the take on the latest Humble deal?

HUMBLE COMICS BUNDLE: JUDGE DREDD, 2000 AD, & MORE

Not as massive as recent ones but looks to me like there might be some decent stuff there?
I ignored this when it came in my email, because I don't care much about Judge Dredd. But looking at it, it's a great deal for Zenith and The Ballad of Halo Jones alone.

I've not read Counterfeit Girl, but in general, I really like Peter Milligan.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #513
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the input guys - I'll grab it.
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:24 PM   #514
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

From memory (it's been years since I read either) Zenith starts strong and begins to chug at the end (Grant Morrison was gaining popularity in the States and was perhaps less invested in Zenith).

The Ballad of Halo Jones is the opposite. It started okay, but got better as it went on (Alan Moore got better as a writer as the series progressed). Jones was supposed to continue to nine books, chronicling her entire life. But (surprise, surprise) Moore had a falling out with the publisher. I respect the hell out of Alan Moore. He's probably the finest writer comics will ever see. But I can see that he's also likely a pain in the ass.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 08-20-2020 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2020, 05:40 PM   #515
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Incidentally, I like buying from the 2000AD shop in general. They sell DRM CBZ of PDF files.
Advert
Old 08-26-2020, 04:32 PM   #516
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
What's the take on the latest Humble deal?

HUMBLE COMICS BUNDLE: JUDGE DREDD, 2000 AD, & MORE
I bought it today. Very good deal. But I wish Humble Bundle would work on their downloads. Like maybe lump all the titles in one tier together. And give better file names.

Downloading 39 individual titles and renaming all of them was a bummer.
Old 08-26-2020, 08:48 PM   #517
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I bought it today. Very good deal. But I wish Humble Bundle would work on their downloads. Like maybe lump all the titles in one tier together. And give better file names.

I DLed both formats but haven't gotten around to renaming yet...
Old 08-27-2020, 04:01 AM   #518
GlennD
Wizard
GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlennD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS350, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post

Check out the comments. I haven't looked at this specific one but sometimes someone will post a batch file to rename all of them. Useful if you are using Windows and not a Mac.
GlennD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 12:08 PM   #519
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennD View Post
Check out the comments. I haven't looked at this specific one but sometimes someone will post a batch file to rename all of them. Useful if you are using Windows and not a Mac.
Too late. I downloaded as a torrent. Well, as 39 torrents
Old 08-27-2020, 01:41 PM   #520
socnsum1
reader
socnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluesocnsum1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Ipad Air
New Hasbro Crossover Comics Humble Bundle!

Again 3 tiers starting at $1.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/h...ing_bookbundle
socnsum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:09 PM   #522
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Project Superpowers has always interested me. The Boys? Not in the slightest. So, definitely a pass on this one.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:51 PM   #523
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle

Maybe worth $1 to check out the first couple though...
Old 09-07-2020, 11:12 AM   #524
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Black Panther comics free at Comixology - https://io9.gizmodo.com/basically-ev...olo-1844965231
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:52 PM   #525
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
They're also free on Amazon.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote