Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2021, 04:38 PM   #406
JanPier
JanPier began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The .IMG format file mentioned is not the firmware file you can download. It is an disk image. It gets written to the SD card and replaces all partitions on the card. To do this, you don't mount the partitions under the OS.

I'll send you a PM with the location of the image to use.
@davidfor, Hi David, i formated the card that was inside my wife's kobo glo, stupid, i know. The card was empty, or so i thought, copied some bin files i found on the internet on to it in the hope it would boot with those on, formated it and realised, after reading this thread, that i had to write an image file to the card. Tried to do that from the card in my Kobo, but that file is to big for the 2Gb from the Glo. I know it's an old thread (and an old ereader), but you wouldn't happen to still have an image file for the Glo to restore the sd card from? Hope you can help. Kind regards, Jan
Old 12-07-2021, 08:19 PM   #407
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:39 PM   #408
cesarim
cesarim began at the beginning.

SD card damaged

Some how the internal SD card of my Kobo Glo got damaged and it got unusable (it won't boot). I would like to replace it but I need the original .img file which I don't have. I would much appreciate it if someone could help me to locate it.
Old 01-23-2022, 01:12 PM   #409
TheReaderOfBooks
TheReaderOfBooks began at the beginning.

Need Globo SD Card Image

I'm in similar situation. Would you send me a link to a Globo Image? Many thanks!!
Old 01-23-2022, 06:30 PM   #410
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 02-22-2022, 11:56 AM   #411
simon98234
simon98234 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo touch 2.0
I am in a similar situation but with an Kobo touch 2.0 Does someone has a specific image? Maybe the image for the Glo will work too.
Old 02-22-2022, 01:06 PM   #412
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon98234 View Post
I am in a similar situation but with an Kobo touch 2.0 Does someone has a specific image? Maybe the image for the Glo will work too.
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=287604

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2022, 06:18 PM   #413
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon98234 View Post
Yes, it definitely needs a specific image. As @PeterT pointed out, there is a specific thread for each model, and I prefer them to be used so I know what I am doing. But, I have sent a PM with the link to the appropriate image.
Old 03-16-2022, 03:42 PM   #414
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
kobo glo image

Hi!

My kobo glo is bricked. An image is the last chance. Please help!
Old 03-16-2022, 07:59 PM   #415
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:04 AM   #416
JohnDifool
JohnDifool began at the beginning.

Hi, I need a disk image for my bricked Kobo Glo HD as well. Thanks!

EDIT: sorry, wrong thread

Last edited by JohnDifool; 03-23-2022 at 11:06 AM.
Old 03-31-2022, 09:54 AM   #417
IlaB
IlaB began at the beginning.

My Kobo glo is bricked. Anyone able to send me a link to an image?

Thanks
Old 03-31-2022, 07:24 PM   #418
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:17 AM   #419
BischauMiller
BischauMiller began at the beginning.

My Kobo Glo seems bricked. Could you please send me a disk image to resurrect it? Thanks!
Old 04-03-2022, 08:17 AM   #420
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent. And my apologies for missing this.
Closed Thread