Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 12-03-2021, 07:00 AM   #31
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Forma, Libra2, LibraH20, ClaraHD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
How did you create the mobi file? If you send an old style mobi, then yes, that will happen. There are many ways to fix this, though. If you want to convert using Calibre, then you can change the mobi file type to "both" in the MOBI output section of the conversion dialog. (See attached picture for an example of the setting) You can also take an epub and change the file extension from .epub to .png and send that using the Send to Kindle app. Or, you can do what I do, and use kindlegen to create the mobi file. I used to use Calibre, but when Amazon started messing with the email to Kindle function (changing the author to be the email address of the sender), I started using kindlegen and Send to Kindle instead.

Shari
Using Both doesn’t work. You must be doing something to a mobi file that makes Amazon thinks it a normal ebook. If you can work out what it is I’d be grateful to know. Thanks.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 07:11 AM   #32
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Using Both doesn’t work. You must be doing something to a mobi file that makes Amazon thinks it a normal ebook. If you can work out what it is I’d be grateful to know. Thanks.
It's got to be the Kindlegen, then.

You can get the kindlegen app here. To use it, convert the book to epub in Calibre, and get all of the metadata the way you want it (cover, series info, etc).

Once it's converted to epub, right-click on the book in Calibre and choose "Save to Disk". Pay close attention to where you are saving it, and then go to the location that you saved the book to.

Now go to wherever you saved the kindlegen.exe file to, and drag the epub on top of the kindlegen.exe file.

Let me know if any of this works, please.

Shari

Last edited by shalym; 12-03-2021 at 07:29 AM.
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:15 AM   #33
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus
So where's the OP with an update on decisions and how it is working out?
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:03 AM   #34
Josieb1
Wizard
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Forma, Libra2, LibraH20, ClaraHD, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
It's got to be the Kindlegen, then.

You can get the kindlegen app here. To use it, convert the book to epub in Calibre, and get all of the metadata the way you want it (cover, series info, etc).

Once it's converted to epub, right-click on the book in Calibre and choose "Save to Disk". Pay close attention to where you are saving it, and then go to the location that you saved the book to.

Now go to wherever you saved the kindlegen.exe file to, and drag the epub on top of the kindlegen.exe file.

Let me know if any of this works, please.

Shari
I’ll certainly give that a try.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote