Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2021, 07:42 AM   #121
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I wonder what the ship date on that is. I ordered the PW5SE a couple of weeks ago and will be lucky if it arrives before Christmas.
Mine just updated from Dec 24 to Nov 27 - Dec 10!
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:48 AM   #122
Tuneraider
Enthusiast
Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tuneraider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle, Tolino, Nook
Also throw the new Paperwhite into the mix at $105 and the Oasis at $175.
Tuneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:44 PM   #123
fduniho
Zealot
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; Rooted Nook ST
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
The thing I don’t understand about the Kids Edition is that in the past, it is on a different update path than the regular one. So what is actually different about the software?
During setup, it wanted me to set up a Child account. Since it would not accept my year of birth as valid for a child, I held down the power button to reset it. This allowed me to use it without setting up a Child account. But since the Kids+ subscription will work only with a Child account, I made a fake one by lying about my year of birth. I then checked my Paperwhite 4, and I was also able to access the Child account from that device. Using my pin number, it was easy to switch back to my adult account on both devices. Other than setting up a Child account during setup, I'm not aware of any other software difference.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 02:41 AM   #124
tomsem
Wizard
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, Kindle Paperwhite, iPad mini
My ship date for PWSE went to (as early as) Dec 2 from Dec 23.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:07 PM   #125
HLS
Addict
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis,Paperwhite,Ook Glowlight Plus, KOBO Aura,H2O, Cara
My kindle paperwhite signature addition came in today. So far I see no difference other than the larger screen. It has the illusion of being bigger than the Oasis. Its not of course but looks like it to the eye.

I am still downloading my library. The same issue of fingernails not showing (unless you download gradually) is still annoying.

Wireless charging works but not well. Actually its quite awful. You have to center the charging pad just right or it does not charge.

The lighting is not as good as the Oasis. One think i like is the superfast page flip. We also have disable touch screen which is stupid for we have no page buttons

Last edited by HLS; 11-29-2021 at 06:12 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote