Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-11-2021, 04:31 AM   #31
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
@ghayton

You might like to watch this video to help get your head around the command prompt and how to use it.

It is called "Windows Command Line Tutorial - 1 - Introduction to the Command Prompt" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBBWVgE0ewk
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 08:59 AM   #32
ghayton48@hotmai
ghayton48@hotmai began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyager
H Karellen
Copied & pasted using your suggestion but no luck

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19042.1348]
(c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\ghayt>cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2

C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2>calibre-debug.exe -g

C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2>
ghayton48@hotmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 09:21 AM   #33
ghayton48@hotmai

Hi David
Didn't realise they were all exe files but they are all in there just as your spoiler list
Sorry about that
Regards
Gavin
Old 12-11-2021, 03:36 PM   #34
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghayton48@hotmai View Post
H Karellen
Copied & pasted using your suggestion but no luck

Can you try...

cd C:\Program Files\Calibre2
calibre-debug.exe -g

If that fails, then in Windows Explorer find where the Calibre program is saved and enter the Calibre folder. Then click on the address bar. What address do you see? (see image) It is that address that you add after cd
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	190766  

Last edited by Karellen; 12-11-2021 at 03:49 PM.
Karellen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:36 AM   #35
ghayton48@hotmai

Hi Karellen
Tried that and it doesn't seem to work so put in the x86 which it shows on the address bar and that doesnt work either?
Appreciate your help
Bit afraid to uninstall and reinstall in case I lose my existing library but it seems I may have to?
Regards
Gavin
Old 12-12-2021, 07:38 AM   #36
ghayton48@hotmai

Hi Karellen
forgot to include the command prompt

C:\Users\ghayt>cd C:\Program Files\calibre2
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:\Users\ghayt>calibre-debug.exe -g

C:\Users\ghayt>

Old 12-12-2021, 11:32 AM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghayton48@hotmai View Post
Hi Karellen
forgot to include the command prompt

C:\Users\ghayt>

That section shows you as successfully changing the current directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2 but when you try to run calibre-debug, it's as if the calibre-debug.exe is not doing anything. If it wasn't found, I would have expected the response to be "'calibre-debug.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." This suggests that your calibre installation is damaged.

You could try re-installing the 32 bit version of calibre but I think it would be easier to install the 64 bit version of calibre which can co-exist with the 32 bit version and then try to run calibre-debug.exe from C:\Program Files\Calibre2.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 01:56 PM   #38
ghayton48@hotmai

Hi David
Bit worried about uninstalling/reinstalling in case i lose my existing library.
Is there an option to chose either 32bit or 64 bit version?
Regards
Gavin
Old 12-12-2021, 03:33 PM   #39
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
  • If you uninstall what you have using Windows->Control panel->Programs and Features or Windows->Settings->Apps & Features you won't lose your Calibre configuration or libraries.
  • Then check there is no Calibre2 folder in C:\Program Files and in C:\Program Files (x86). If there is then delete the contents, and then remove the Calibre2 foider(s). Also delete any desktop shortcuts to Calibre.
  • Download the 64 bit version for Windows from ==>> Download calibre and install it.
BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 10:29 PM   #40
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only thing I would add to @BetterRed's message is to only use the built-in Windows functions. Do not use a third-party uninstaller as they have been known to remove data files, i.e. calibre configuration and library files, without warning.
Old 12-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #41
ghayton48@hotmai

Hi Bettered and David and all those who sent replies to my plea for help
I uninstalled and reinstalled as per your guidance and my library is intact.
Brilliant - thank you so much.
Regards
Gavin
Old 12-13-2021, 12:07 PM   #42
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear you are back in business.