Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2021, 10:39 PM   #1
ottoguy
ottoguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Linux Kindle Covers Disappearing

I'm using Ubuntu 20.04 with Calibre 4.99.4 (latest in the Ubuntu apt store). When I load books onto a kindle the covers disappear. I've tried reconnecting the kindle and letting it overwrite the Amazon downloaded blank covers, but it doesn't seem to work? From what I've read it should work since I'm above version 4.17 right?

For a test I installed Calibre on a windows PC and it worked as expected. Loaded the books on the kindle, disconnected, covers disappeared, re-connected the kindle to the PC, disconnected and the covers were all good. Seem like it doesn't work in the Linux version.
ottoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 10:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Dont use the distro calibre. Use the official binary from https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
ottoguy
ottoguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Thanks, that fixed it.
ottoguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, linux