Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-20-2021, 10:20 AM   #1
Shakahron
Shakahron began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Regex help, column from other columns

Ok so I've been banging my head against this for a while now and I think it's just beyond me and I'm not even sure if it's actually possible.

I want to take a column built from other columns containing tags and enclose each tag in quotes. Example: Fantasy, Thriller, Action = "Fantasy", "Thriller", "Action".

Apologies if this sounds stupid. I use an android app called tachiyomi to view manga and comics and it requires you to create a json file with tags in that format for each entry.
Shakahron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Code:
{#comp2:'list_re($, ',', '^(.*)$', '"\1"')'}
Replace "#comp2" with the name of your column containing the tags.

Note that this won't work if any of the tags contain quotes because it makes no attempt to process/escape them.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2021, 10:49 AM   #3
Shakahron
Shakahron began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Code:
{#comp2:'list_re($, ',', '^(.*)$', '"\1"')'}
Replace "#comp2" with the name of your column containing the tags.

Note that this won't work if any of the tags contain quotes because it makes no attempt to process/escape them.
Thank you so, so much. This is exactly what I was looking for. Hope you have an amazing day.
Shakahron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 06:44 PM   #4
zaroz
zaroz began at the beginning.

Ooh, I have been wondering about the viability of using calibre with tachiyomi myself. Please share your solution when you have it worked out!
zaroz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help needed, reg expressions