Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 09:18 AM   #1
jenrar
Connoisseur
jenrar began at the beginning.

Device: none
Getting "insufficient privileges" error when trying to install 5.32

I've never run into this issue...but I can't get 5.32 to install! I took a screenshot of the error message. Please help! TIA!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2.png
Views:	132
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	190542  
jenrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:20 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Uninstall, delete C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2
(or wherever you chose to install calibre). Then re-install. And
dont worry, uninstalling will not affect your books/settings.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:22 AM   #3
jenrar
Connoisseur

I have multiple libraries. That won't affect that at all? Thanks. LOVE this program so much.
Old 11-30-2021, 09:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No uninstalling does not touch any user data, only program files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:30 AM   #5
jenrar
Connoisseur

Wowzers. That couldn't have been any easier! Thanks so much. Did exactly what you said it would.
Old 11-30-2021, 06:17 PM   #6
CathyA
Zealot
CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CathyA ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I got the same error when trying to install while a previous version of Calibre was still running. It worked fine when I tried a second time after closing Calibre.
CathyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:19 AM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
I got the same error when trying to install while a previous version of Calibre was still running. It worked fine when I tried a second time after closing Calibre.
I got the same error for the same reason upgrading to 5.33. Exiting had somehow failed; no taskbar button or system tray icon, but it was still present and running in the background. Had to kill the process.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote