Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-27-2021, 04:21 AM   #1231
readreadbooks
readreadbooks began at the beginning.

Device: none
hello guys, I have a Kobo Auro One and using koreader on it with much delight. I installed it with one click package. I have a question about it though, is it possible to have wifi connect automatically when the Kobo resumes from sleep? I tried almost all options in the Wifi menu, like resume wifi after sleep etc. but the wifi is still off after a resume from sleep and I need to enable it manually each time.
readreadbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 06:41 AM   #1232
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The restore wifi option should work (it does over here), but it only does so if wifi was enabled manually from within koreader first. That means that if you manually turned wifi off before suspend, it will NOT restore on resume.

Wi-Fi being turned off by the automatic timeout will not impede the feature, though.

Note that it will also take a few seconds, possibly as much as a few dozen seconds after resume, and it might silently fail, especially if connectivity is bad.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2021, 08:54 AM   #1233
amin021023
Enthusiast
amin021023 began at the beginning.

Device: Fidibook
Hey guys, I have a low specs android 4.2 ebook reader, I recently updated my koreader after a year and the update was major. Everything is the same as before with pdfs but with epubs I feel something is changed, like the font or style, anyway, with this small device of mine the update seems out of place, I wanted to ask what should I do to get that epub feel back before the latest update.
By the way, the font options to choose from are very limited, I couldn't even find the times new roman, what font do you think is best for my old Device?
amin021023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:37 AM   #1234
gmc.sign
gmc.sign began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Lightbulb libk2pdfopt 2.53 update

Hello everyone!

Is it possible for anybody to update and build KOreader sources with the updated PDF library libk2pdfopt v2.53? (For Kindle PW4 2018, TARGET=kindlepwd2). The current libk2pdfopt lib version is 2.42 and it has some performance issues with the pdf when using "Page crop=Auto" function on Kindle PW4.
gmc.sign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:44 AM   #1235
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Not as a drop-in replacement.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 07:53 AM   #1236
gmc.sign
gmc.sign began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Not as a drop-in replacement.
A lot of dependencies?
gmc.sign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2021, 09:33 AM   #1237
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, see https://github.com/koreader/koreader-base/pull/1203
Old 12-30-2021, 02:13 AM   #1238
atonement
Zealot
atonement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=276501 USB OTG mouse worked in the built-in reader but not in KOReader. Is this unsupported or there's some tweak that has to be done. JB PW3 on fw 5.10.3.
atonement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #1239
Frenzie
Wizard

That's unsupported.
Old 01-02-2022, 11:58 AM   #1240
atonement
Zealot

Quote:
That's unsupported.
Oh. It can't be added?
Old 01-02-2022, 04:07 PM   #1241
Frenzie
Wizard

If you have the time, then I'd imagine it can. But it'd be pretty much from scratch, give or take what you can salvage from the existing touch support.
Old 01-02-2022, 10:28 PM   #1242
atonement
Zealot

That's too much work for sure. I had managed to pinch a nerve in my neck due to bad posture and as a result trying to turn pages while lying down tires my arm rather quickly. So I was looking for something that won't involve raising my arm. I will just use the stock reader temporarily. Thanks.
Edit: Bluetooth mouse/remote is supported in KOReader in the Kindles that have BT?

Last edited by atonement; 01-02-2022 at 10:31 PM.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:15 AM   #1243
Frenzie
Wizard

Oh, you just meant something like left click/right click for previous/next page? While I don't think that's supported at the moment, that's probably fairly easy — compared to full mouse support, anyway. Maybe someone who has a Kindle would be interested in investigating that?
Old 01-03-2022, 06:27 AM   #1244
atonement
Zealot

Quote:
Oh, you just meant something like left click/right click for previous/next page? While I don't think that's supported at the moment, that's probably fairly easy — compared to full mouse support, anyway. Maybe someone who has a Kindle would be interested in investigating that?
Yes. Just for page turns. I sure hope someone would take it up.
Old 01-17-2022, 06:23 AM   #1245
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Need to ask is it possible for a plugin from KOReader to work outside KOReader.

As sometimes my PW4 switches to darkmode somewhere around 10 to 11pm and I think maybe it is ghost taps as it did only happen twice in a week.
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch