Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-25-2016, 07:26 PM   #1
Shepard
Shepard began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Nook Glowlight Plus publisher fonts?

I have a Nook 1st Gen and I want to get the Nook Glowlight plus. But first I am wondering about fonts.

On my Nook 1st Gen I added books via calibre, but first I always change the fonts in calibre to mountain of Christmas for each book. And on my Nook 1st Gen my fonts show up.

My family member did this same method with her Kindle paperwhite, but she selected publisher defaults and the custom fonts showed up.

Can I do this to the Nook Glowlight plus? Will the Glowlight plus show my fonts?
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #2
hyegeek
Groupie
hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hyegeek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ez Reader (hanlin v3)
Yes.

I change the fonts in the books I read to open-dyslexis and there is a setting to use what's in the book vs. nook defaults.
hyegeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2016, 01:07 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
I have a Nook 1st Gen and I want to get the Nook Glowlight plus. But first I am wondering about fonts.

On my Nook 1st Gen I added books via calibre, but first I always change the fonts in calibre to mountain of Christmas for each book. And on my Nook 1st Gen my fonts show up.

My family member did this same method with her Kindle paperwhite, but she selected publisher defaults and the custom fonts showed up.

Can I do this to the Nook Glowlight plus? Will the Glowlight plus show my fonts?
If you are sideloading your books and want different fonts, why not buy a Kobo?

I think the Glowlight Plus is a very nice reader, but I wish it had better software.

(That Mountains of Christmas font is something else. Very fun.)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 01:31 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you get a Kobo, you don't have to embed. You can side load and use from there. If the eBook has fonts embedded and you want to change that, remove the embedded fonts and you can use the side loaded fonts of your choice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barnes and noble, calibre, embed fonts, fonts, nook glowlight plus