Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
bonjurkes
Enthusiast
bonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshesbonjurkes can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kİndle Touch v5.3.2
Change country setting for Kindle

So I finally ordered Kindle Touch with a cover and now waiting for it to arrive. While I was checking my account settings, I saw that there is a country settings that I can set and says If I am moving, I can change the country associated with my Kindle account.

My second account have an US address, and my primary account is set to my real country. So when I visit kindle ebooks from my primary account it says that book is not available for my region. Even though I don't have a registered Kindle on my primary account, when I change my country settings to United States, than ebook gets available and shows price and option to buy it.

So does it mean that I don't need an account with US address to buy ebook and simply just change my country setting to USA so I can order any ebook I want or will it cause trouble soon because Amazon realize that I am not from USA for real ?
bonjurkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
terencek
Groupie
terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.terencek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
One factor which has been raised in previous discussions on this in the forum is the fact that credit card companies will often reject an online purchase where the 'delivery address' is not the same as the card's billing address.
terencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #3
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
The way to fix that is called Gift Cards.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjurkes View Post
So I finally ordered Kindle Touch with a cover and now waiting for it to arrive. While I was checking my account settings, I saw that there is a country settings that I can set and says If I am moving, I can change the country associated with my Kindle account.

My second account have an US address, and my primary account is set to my real country. So when I visit kindle ebooks from my primary account it says that book is not available for my region. Even though I don't have a registered Kindle on my primary account, when I change my country settings to United States, than ebook gets available and shows price and option to buy it.

So does it mean that I don't need an account with US address to buy ebook and simply just change my country setting to USA so I can order any ebook I want or will it cause trouble soon because Amazon realize that I am not from USA for real ?
Seems to work for lots of us.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tyson View Post
Seems to work for lots of us.
.... until it doesn't anymore....

Should you receive an email from amazon asking you to confirm with proof (passport or other official document) that you do really live in the US, from that point on you are blocked from getting ebooks on your US kindle account. Somewhere on another forum (if I coud only find the link again), a person was permanently banned by amazon after receiving this mail (apparently he then tried to open another US kindle account to bypass amazon's control on his first "fake" US account).

It seems amazon is now controlling much closer who is using a US kindle account, especially if a local kindle shop exists.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert