Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 11-21-2015, 02:41 PM   #1
jchasa
jchasa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Content Server Showing Library Location

Hello, I did find a previous post that suggested a line of code to change in a specific file, but when I went there it wasn't the same information.

I would like to stop the content server from displaying my library location on the bottom right of the page.

Thank you in advance.
jchasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
how do you connect if you do not know the URL

The URL does not show anywhere except the address bar (and links) in firefox
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The advice in that thread still applies, the line number has just likely changed a little, look around a bit in the source code file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 06:30 PM   #4
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
how do you connect if you do not know the URL

The URL does not show anywhere except the address bar (and links) in firefox
jchasa is talking about the content server showing the library location on your hard disk (eg: D:\My Calibre Library), not the URL.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
jchasa is talking about the content server showing the library location on your hard disk (eg: D:\My Calibre Library), not the URL.
I will bite. Where?

I see nothing on the Home page
I see nothing on a Book list page (eg New)
I see nothing on a books Details popup
All I see is the current URL in the address bar or link (status line)

I do not see any Local system Location Browser is Firefox 42.0
Advert
Old 11-24-2015, 10:31 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I will bite. Where?
I'm seeing it on the main page in the lower right in a gray colored text.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 10:33 PM   #7
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
I will bite. Where?

I see nothing on the Home page
I see nothing on a Book list page (eg New)
I see nothing on a books Details popup
All I see is the current URL in the address bar or link (status line)

I do not see any Local system Location Browser is Firefox 42.0
Shown in the attached image
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreLib.PNG
Views:	628
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	144061  
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:08 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

OMG you are correct.
It is in light grey and my tired old eyes barely registered it next to the border
Old 11-24-2015, 11:20 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

You could make a local copy (in the config folder)

C:\Program Files\Calibre2\resources\content_server\browse(html)

and comment out lines 95-97
Calibre uses the (users) version if found in the config folder
Old 10-23-2016, 03:40 AM   #10
jchasa

Content Server Local Location (bottom right)

Hello, I edited the HTML code and the location does not show now, but only for my local network (test server option), when trying to access from outside my network my library location still shows on the bottom of the page.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:44 PM   #11
jvorzimmer
Enthusiast
jvorzimmer began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"
I have a workaround for this. Edit your local copy of the browse.css file and copy the background color from the container style to the footer style and thereby making it invisible. If you highlight the position with your cursor, you'll see it's actually still there.

#container {
max-width: 1000px;
min-width: 400px;
min-height: 230px;
background-color: #fff1e2;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}
#footer {
font-size: small;
color: #fff1e2;
text-align: right;
margin-right: 30px;
}

Last edited by jvorzimmer; 11-07-2016 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Add photo
jvorzimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 AM   #12
jchasa

Issue Resolved Edit

Sorry for not getting back to this thread so, I used the background color work around and the drive location is no longer showing. Thank you to everyone.

Last edited by jchasa; 01-11-2017 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Issue Resolved

Tags
calibre, content server, device, network