Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-28-2006, 04:25 AM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
iRex webshop delayed to MAY

Official Statement from the website:

OPENING WEB SHOP DELAYED!

As the implementation of our Web Shop caused some unforeseen technical problems the opening has been postponed from April to May 2006.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
dister
dister began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
It's fruitless to speculate if it's really the web shop (implementing payment issues can cause such delays) or if it's the production of the iLiad itself that is causing such a delay. A little delay won't hurt the device I guess.
dister is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2006, 11:15 AM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dister
It's fruitless to speculate....
It passes the time, though.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 12:35 PM   #4
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
Yeap, sure does!

Since they are having web-shop problems, then I doubt they will let someone from Asia buy one ... ... not that I will buy it since its beyond my $300~$400 budget ... :P

Hanlin hanlin ... where art thou?
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't think it has anything to do with where you're from, I'm sure they'll sell you one in Asia just as quickly as in Denmark. Whenever that gets around to being -- which brings us full circle to the question of when they'll open the webshop.
Advert
Old 05-01-2006, 04:15 AM   #6
asiboy
asiboy began at the beginning.

I don't think, that product will be available in may.
I think it is a VAPORWARE.. Very early press releases; No exact price;
no email replies and delays after delays of the webshop.
They want to keep us from buying sony's libre or hanlin.
I will buy the new Fujitsu Siemens Pocket Loox n560.. VGA, GPS, WIFI, Bluetooth,
500h standby, ... just 400 euros..
asiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:31 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

yeah wiseguy...you go and buy a PDA...totally unusable for reading due to small, LCD display and battery-life of only a couple of hours...but you have lots of cool features...

We're talking about book-replacements here...and they don't need gps...they need a good screen and long battery life...

And about the vaporware...

I haven't had it in my hands yet, so I can't prove you wrong directly...but Branko Collins did a review over at Teleread, Henrycat has a working device in his hands right now and is answering questions over in the other thread, a newspaer is doing a trial now and several others are going to start their trial-runs this month and in the following months...I've never seen such convincing vaporware before to be honest...

And they do answer emails...you just have to contact them through the right channels, then you get a reply in 12-24 hours...this is something I DO no from personal experience. The fact that they don't answer all emails directed at them is unfortunate, but most questions have been answered by other forum members, Branko Collins and Henricat who now actually has a finsihed hardware in his hands and is going to receive the "final" sotware sometime this week if the 3rd party software devs don't delay again.

Pricing has also been resolved a while ago...549 Euro without VAT and Shipping...that was the last information I got...it is of course possible that they'll change it, but that was the decided final price.

Last edited by CommanderROR; 05-01-2006 at 06:43 AM.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:34 AM   #8
haasiesoft
Enthusiast
haasiesoft began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
end of may

i´m work near by eindhoven.
today i call irex - i want to by a iliad direct from eindhoven without shipping-cost - "and the web shop is offline ..."

a woman told me that the iliad will be released at end of may !!

Andreas
haasiesoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #9
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by haasiesoft
a woman told me that the iliad will be released at end of may !!
So now it's end of May ;( Likely to be June then.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:00 AM   #10
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

strange news...I didn't even know you could call any company today...is the public holiday on May 1 only in Germany???

Maybe one of our "contacts" to iRex can confirm this? Henrycat was apparently still told it'd be first half of May...and that was on thursday...either something new came up or something elese is terribly wrong here...
Old 05-01-2006, 10:35 AM   #11
haasiesoft
Enthusiast
haasiesoft began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
the 1 of May is "Tag der Arbeit" only in Germany.

Today nice shopping in NL :-)

Andreas
haasiesoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:22 AM   #12
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

we live and learn...^^

let's just hope that lady you spoke to still had a hangover from the weekend or something...I'm forcing myself not to buy paper books at the moment, but reading on my tiny PDA screen is really killing me...and doing this fo ranother month is not something I'm looking forward to...
Old 05-01-2006, 11:23 AM   #13
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
It's also Labour Day today, and a public holiday, in Spain.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:51 AM   #14
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
iRex should hire additional PR staff. Obviously people want to hear some more concrete answers, and they are not capable of providing them. If it's just related to the Web store issue, I don't understand why they keep us in the dark.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:55 AM   #15
NatCh
Gizmologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiboy
...delays after delays of the webshop.
That seems a bit of an exaggeration, it's May First and (I believe) they originally said April, then two days ago said May, with clarification of end of May. I'm not a math whiz or anything, but that sounds like only one delay. One-and-a-half if you want to be finicky.