Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Kindle 2 reduced to $259

Maybe Amazon wants to pull the carpet out from under Sony. Competition is great!

http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireles...pf_rd_i=507846
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #2
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
I just wrote to amazon this morning. I bought my K2 less than a month ago for $300. I asked them to please refund $40 or give me $40 credit at amazon.com.

Otherwise, I can technically return my Kindle2, get a full refund, then buy another one. I'm fairly sure they'd rather just refund $40. We'll see.

Thanks for the heads-up.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
juj1n
Connoisseur
juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Lots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyZ View Post
I just wrote to amazon this morning. I bought my K2 less than a month ago for $300. I asked them to please refund $40 or give me $40 credit at amazon.com.

Otherwise, I can technically return my Kindle2, get a full refund, then buy another one. I'm fairly sure they'd rather just refund $40. We'll see.

Thanks for the heads-up.
Please keep us updated on the status of this situation.
juj1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 08:42 PM   #4
tejohn
tejohn began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wow, talk about savings!

I've never owned a kindle so this will be my first time buying one!

Can't wait!!
tejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
lovemov
Enthusiast
lovemov began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
The new $279 one will not ship to Canada again?! Supposed to have International 3G covered, why not Canada...Toooo bad.
lovemov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #6
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj1n View Post
Please keep us updated on the status of this situation.
Amazon agreed to refund the $40 price difference. I don't know if it was because I bought it less than 30 days ago, or because I asked for it. I'm happy either way. It was one of my key worries when purchasing the K2.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:27 AM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Amazon agreed to refund the $40 price difference. I don't know if it was because I bought it less than 30 days ago, or because I asked for it. I'm happy either way. It was one of my key worries when purchasing the K2.
From previous posts after Amazon price reductions, the key seems to be: ASK for the refund - I've never seen a post from someone who was turned down by CS.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #8
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemov View Post
The new $279 one will not ship to Canada again?! Supposed to have International 3G covered, why not Canada...Toooo bad.
Could be copyright problems or problems getting agreements with wireless carriers. It could even be problems with government regulatory agencies (I've dealt with them for years). I'm pretty sure it's not because they hate Canada.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #9
FligMupple
Enthusiast
FligMupple doesn't litterFligMupple doesn't litter

Device: Kindle DX
According to today's Globe and Mail, it's an issue with the wireless carriers, and it's being worked on. Amazon wants the Kindle in Canada.
FligMupple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:52 PM   #10
magster518
magster518 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Which email address did you use to contact Amazon? i can't find one on its Web site. Thanks! My Kindle shipped on Sept. 8 so I made it in with one day to spare.
magster518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
juj1n
Connoisseur
juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Lots!
Quote:
Cool! Thanks for the update.
juj1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #12
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
One thing I'll say about Amazon - because they are an internet company they respond to price changes FAST. Other traditional companies have slow price changes because they are based on old school models.

I wish Apple lowered prices this fast as computer prices drop.. :S
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #13
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Amazon will only credit those that purchased units within the past 30 days from what I was told.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:10 AM   #14
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesman7 View Post
Amazon will only credit those that purchased units within the past 30 days from what I was told.
Back in July (after the previous price cut), somebody claimed that his account was credited despite the fact that it was 35 days since he purchased.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #15
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Kindle View Post
Back in July (after the previous price cut), somebody claimed that his account was credited despite the fact that it was 35 days since he purchased.
Maybe because it was so "close" in time?

I can only tell you what the two email replies to my inquires disclosed.

Trust me, I'd be happy if they started offering rebates or gift certificates to those who have had them a bit longer.
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote