Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #121
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
IA spatula is a rubber device to scrape batter.
That other thing is a flipper.
The Old One has spoken. So now we know.
And I always thought a flipper was one of those things that divers and dolphins used instead of fins.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:40 PM   #122
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Then there is Chicagopex on November 21-23 in Arlington Heights at the Sheraton Chicago Northwest Hotel on W. Euclid. For those that don't already know, the "pex" ending in the US signifies a philatelic exhibition.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2008, 08:41 PM   #123
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
The Old One has spoken. So now we know.
And I always thought a flipper was one of those things that divers and dolphins used instead of fins.
so did i. shows what we know, right ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:00 PM   #124
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
As my young friend Pan likes to say:

"What total idiots you humans are."

Sadly, the subversives have infiltrated Wikipedia
So much for the truth ruling the interwebs.

In related news, am glad to know that my power still holds sway in lives of you mortals.

Last edited by Cthulhu; 11-14-2008 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Finally figured out the embeditisation of links
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:24 PM   #125
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
If only Congress hadn't cut the funding for our big hole in the ground....
Would that be the big hole near Waxahachie, TX?
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #126
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yes, indeedy. Waxahachie was going to be our next, best (except that, at the same time, it wasn't here at Fermi, so it was a rival too). Some of our people went down there (Texas) and were working on it.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:01 PM   #127
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
@grooks: That mall is where I went last weekend, to get my hands on the latest macbook. I fondled it, then went home and dreamed some more about it ......
Hubby bought a MacBook on Thursday afternoon and refused to unpack it so I could play with it on Thursday night. He drove back to Texas on Friday and I won't see him or his MacBook until the 24th. By then, he'll be "the expert".
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:05 AM   #128
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Hubby bought a MacBook on Thursday afternoon and refused to unpack it so I could play with it on Thursday night. He drove back to Texas on Friday and I won't see him or his MacBook until the 24th. By then, he'll be "the expert".
Oh, you poor girl!! I expect that would be grounds for divorce in some places. Bake his favorite dessert -- before he gets home -- and eat it all yourself. (Or give it away). So there!
Old 11-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #129
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Hokie dokie. I've now worked up my nerve and sense of adventure. [ Maybe I just needed to get Xena out of the bath and into some fighting clothes. ]

Taylor -- are you going to be around this Saturday afternoon? Nov 22? I'm in the mood to take a train into the city. I'd arrive at Adams and Canal. So, surely, in the rectangle between Michigan & Randoph, and Adams & Canal (or Jackson -- the train station is a whole block wide) ..... in that rectangle there must be SOME place that is interesting to meet & to eat? We'd both be on foot, presumably.

I have possible arrival times of 1:42, 3:10, or 3:42 and departure times of 5:25, 6:30, or 8:38. Any choices therein will work just fine!

I'll look at maps.google.com later to see what it shows in that rectangular area. Gotta go walk two doggies now.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #130
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Taylor will be the one playing guitar as you emerge from the station.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #131
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
No plans thus far! Anyone else?
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 03:54 PM   #132
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Anybody else want to go downtown this Saturday? Extra trains running, for the storefront display weekend.

A sampling of places google maps shows, when viewing that area and asking for "restaurants":

Potbelly Sandwich Works
55 W Monroe St # 100E
Chicago, IL 60603
(312) 577-0070
potbelly.com

(est $40 per meal?)
Atwood Cafe
1 W Washington St
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 368-1900
atwoodcafe.com

known quality - I enjoy their sandwiches
Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich
216 W Washington St
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 727-0227
jimmyjohns.com

ah, here's a closer one:
Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwich
6 E Madison St
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 368-4444
jimmyjohns.com

right near that
Chipotle Mexican Grill
8 E Madison St
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 629-3662
chipotle.com

est $45 per person
Trattoria #10
10 N Dearborn St
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 984-1718
trattoriaten.com

has great reviews
Burrito Beach
19 S La Salle St # 105
Chicago, IL 60603
(312) 578-9340
burritobeach.com

Madison Street Cafe
70 W Madison St
Chicago, IL 60602
(312) 223-7700

Miller's Pub & Restaurant
134 S Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60603
(312) 263-4988
(312) 645-5377
millerspub.com
Old 11-19-2008, 04:29 PM   #133
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We can meet at Jimmy Johns on 6 E Madison. No problem. Cheaper is better for me, I'm on a tight budget this month. There is the Mag Mile light show thing, and also a Toy and Game fair at Navy Pier on the 22nd.

What time? If it's just the two of us, we'll head to my apartment for wild sex. If we can get several more of us, we'll head to my apartment for wild sex.

Yes. That's a joke.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #134
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
We can meet at Jimmy Johns on 6 E Madison. No problem. Cheaper is better for me, I'm on a tight budget this month. There is the Mag Mile light show thing, and also a Toy and Game fair at Navy Pier on the 22nd.

What time? If it's just the two of us, we'll head to my apartment for wild sex. If we can get several more of us, we'll head to my apartment for wild sex.

Yes. That's a joke.
Jimmy John's sounds good. I'm not specially into the light show or Navy Pier, but I'll look at windows between the train station and the destination.

Well, this could be varied by an hour or so either way, but how does 4:00 sound as a target time? If I take the train that arrives at 3:10 I think I'll reach Madison by 4:00. If I'm early --- hey, I'll have a book (reader) with me.

I'll bring Xena. She's into that wild sex thing.

If he hears about this, I may wind up bringing my (separated) hubby too. He'll want to come. But he has tasks I'd rather he be working on. (Like cleaning out and selling the mortgage-free house he hasn't lived in for 5 years now-- to pay the mortgage on the one he *is* living in. 3 houses & 2 mortgages between us is just too many.)
Old 11-19-2008, 05:07 PM   #135
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Chicago Meet-Up:

November 22nd, 4:00pm
Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwiches
6 E. Madison St.
Chicago, IL

So far: 2 (maybe 3) + 1 imaginary friend.

Agenda: Nothing. Chat. Walk around.

Tags
10-w-40, blue one next to the fish, can you spare a dime?, chicago, chicagoerrrrr, destitute, he's so pitiful, lonely android, meet-up, meetup, spare change, subverting the system, wd40