Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-24-2008, 12:01 AM   #1
MattK
MattK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
Applying Calibre recipes to a folder of pre-existing HTML files

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to read this and perhaps answer my questions, it's appreciated. The Sony Reader PRS505 has just been released in the UK this month, and I've been thinking of picking one up, but...

Basically, I have a folder full of HTML files (in the thousands). There're all pretty consistently formatted because they're from the same few sites, so I'm prepared to take the time to write a "recipe" for them, and turn them all into nice LRF files. The problem is, I can't see how I can apply the recipe to them! I am actually considering manually creating an RSS XML file to feed the files to Calibre, but this will take me forever, and there must surely be a better way?

If there's a proper way to do this, I'll be very happy, because fooling Calibre with an ad-hoc RSS feed seems very clumsy, and basically not a good idea considering the amount of files I'm trying to format. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding how this recipe feature works?

This issue is basically the deciding factor for whether or not I buy the reader, because my main reason for getting one is that I'm tired of reading fan fiction and original short stories on my computer screen, and so I really need to be able to find a way to quickly and easily process them.

MattK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
just create a html file that has links to every other file and give it to html2lrf
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 AM   #3
MattK
MattK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
Thanks for the quick reply. I didn't realise there was a separate utility, I'll go and read up on it now (I was looking for something in the GUI, I'm on OS X, and all I could see recipe-wise was the newsfeed thing).
MattK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Well you can create that HTML file and add it to the GUI. The GUI will automatically follow all links and create a ZIP file with all the html files in it.

You can then convert that zip file at a click of a button.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote