Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-05-2013, 08:00 AM   #1
Mamarok
Mamarok began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD/Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle Fire HD doesn't show newly added books

First of all: I love Calibre, currently using version 0.9.18 on Kubuntu Raring with my Kindle Fire HD.
Everything works fine so far but one glitch:
When I add new books to the Kindle from the Kindle Cloud those do not show in Calibre, it sticks with displaying the books that were on it before that download. Uploaded books through USB do show up without a problem.
I checked that the Folders are all selected in the device settings, ejected and reconnected the device, restarted Calibre, all to no avail.
Should I upgrade my Calibre version or is this a not yet reported bug?
Mamarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the books are available via the USB connection and you haven't chosen to ignore the fodler they are in, they will show up. You've either ignored the folder or thekindle app is not making the books available in the filesystem anymore.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #3
Mamarok

Well, the books do show up on the Kindle directly, they are physically there and readable, and the folder is definitely activated, else the other books wouldn't show either, wouldn't they?
I also didn't have any firmware updates so I don't think this is the problem. The books I downloaded yesterday from the Kindle Cloud to the Kindle directly over WiFi still do not show in Calibre, only those I uploaded through an USB connection.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The fact that they are readable does not imply they are exported over USB. Connect your kindle to a windows computer and browse the filesystem, see if you can find the files for the books. Or use one of the mtp fuse filesystems in linux.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
Mamarok

Never mind, I found out what changed:
Apparently the Android folder was not selected, I don't remember having unchecked it but must have done so at some point I guess. Enabling all folders on the device helped.
Advert