Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-16-2013, 02:52 PM   #1
materfelis
materfelis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
Unhappy Send to Device Icon Not Showing Up

Nine times out of then when I attach my Kindle Fire to download from my Calibre library, the Send to Device icon does not show up. The tenth time it will show up and I'm able to load some books from Calibre to Kindle. Lately, it takes unlimited tries before I either give up or the icon finally appears. I've tried all the suggestions in FAQ - using different ports, doing hard shut downs of both Kindle and computer, making sure I have the most current version. It worked just fine when I first used Kindle after Xmas last year. Now I'm trying to load my library onto my son's Kindle Fire and the icon will just not come up! HELP!!!!
materfelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sounds like you have a flakey kindle, use of=ne of the wireless conenction methods described in the FAQ instead:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq....kindle-fire-hd
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert