Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-23-2012, 06:02 PM   #1
Jeshire
Epic Tricycle
Jeshire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Dragging Cover Images Into Calibre

I remembered a feature that used to let you drag an image from a web browser into the Book Details right sidebar in Calibre in order to add the image to the cover metadata. I thought I may have confused that with something else, but then I found this post in another part of this forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Did you know you can just drag drop covers direct from a web page onto (for instance) the cover shown in the book details panel on the right side of the screen in Calibre? Avoids the saving/browsing steps you mentioned...
But now it doesn't work for me. I'm running version 0.8.52, and the earliest I remember it working was somewhere before 0.8.35.
Does anyone know what happened to this feature? Was it removed?If it was, consider this a request for it to be re-added.
I enjoyed it a lot because the built-in cover downloader can't always find covers for some books and the dragging method doesn't require downloading the image and then browsing to its directory.
Thanks for any help.

-Jes
Jeshire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:55 PM   #2
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
It works fine for me (WinXPsp3 & calibre 0.8.52) though only when the browser itself supports dragging out the image. I can D&D using Firefox, but not with Opera, which drags out a link to the image and not a copy of the image. With the latter (my preferred browser) I simply right-click and "copy" in the browser and then right-click "paste" in calibre.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Jeshire
Epic Tricycle
Jeshire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
It works fine for me (WinXPsp3 & calibre 0.8.52) though only when the browser itself supports dragging out the image. I can D&D using Firefox, but not with Opera, which drags out a link to the image and not a copy of the image. With the latter (my preferred browser) I simply right-click and "copy" in the browser and then right-click "paste" in calibre.
OHHHHHH, that would make sense because I just switched from Firefox to Chrome. I didn't think of that so it was my fault, then.
But thanks, I didn't know about copying the image.

-Jes
Jeshire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drag cover image