Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
The Litigators?

Did anyone else absolutely hate Grisham's new book "The Litigators"?

Spoiler:
I thought it just dragged on to a huge disappointment at the end, he had some awesome books years ago that I actually stayed up late in bed reading because I couldn't' put it down. This one just seemed like a lecture on mass tort law, I mean they ended up well off but not doing great or terrible, where's the FBI and danger and excitement?

I can't believe the reviews it got, is just me or did anyone else think that also?

Last edited by The Terminator; 02-05-2012 at 07:03 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm so I'll assume that no one else finished it
Advert
Old 12-24-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Did anyone else absolutely hate Grisham's new book "The Litigators"?
Not me. Thought it was funny and quite entertaining actually. I don't think it's meant to be a thriller.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:27 AM   #4
The Terminator
Retired

Could you elaborate on why you liked it? I thought the story was just another of his books preaching about the Mass tort stuff.

Spoiler:
I want a good ending not one that leaves me indifferent. I just couldn't get to like any of the characters, it just seemed like a book that only was published because of the authors name

Last edited by The Terminator; 02-05-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
The Terminator
Retired

He sure is pumping the books out, another one coming out in April and then May, I just looked at Wikipedia.
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 01:23 AM   #6
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've read all of his books. He used to be one of my favourite authors. I keep reading his books out of habbit, but I deffinately don't like them as much as I used to though. I still love the Rainmaker (and the film with Matt Damon).
The litigators kept me entertained. But I didn't think it was that good. Only ok (and that may be because I still have a tiny little weak spot for Grisham).
Anyways, I would only recommend it to people who already like Grisham.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
i'm about half way through it. i read all of grisham's books as i really like his style.

so far i'd say this is one of his worst. he has taken his mass tort theme that was used in other books and modified it a little. to me, his attempts at humor are coming across as silliness.
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

follow up now that i have finished the book ...

about two thirds of the way through the silliness toned down and the story took on some new interest. however the ending was predictable and overall the book seemed stamped from a formula.

i like the way grisham writes and am glad i read the book, and will continue to read his new books. but i'm really glad that i got this book from the library rather than buying it.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #9
TheRailroadguy
TheRailroadguy doesn't litterTheRailroadguy doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Fire
Got this one as gift over the holidays and no I am not enjoying reading this one as much as other Grisham works.After all the mass tort theme has been well covered in previous works,such as "King of Torts" .
TheRailroadguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Well I may pass on that one although I generally like Grisham. Not as well as I like Robert K. Tanenbaum though. Nothing dry or boring there.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #11
tm3
Groupie

i don't think i know tanenbaum. i'll have to take a look.

thanks for mentioning him! i overall like grisham and anyone in the same vein has potential.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:06 AM   #12
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Some are available as library ebooks, and most as regular library books (Tanenbaum) . Good way to start out.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote