Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 08:47 PM   #46
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

Device: nook touch a Nook 3g (rooted) and a nookcolor (rooted)
for those people who also wish to be able to search "B&N", "books by isbn" (great site for covers) or goodreads and have them on the search the Internet plugin, here is what I added to the tweaks section.

Let's be honest here, the goodreads links are a must :-)

I have added the icons just add them in he calibre/resources/images folder

Code:
   # Specify the submenus to appear on the 'Search the internet' plugin menu.
# Menu items are specified as a triple of: ('Menu text', 'Image', 'Url')
# 'Menu text' - The name to display in the sub-menu. Specify None for a separator.
# 'Image' - Name of the image file to use as a menu icon. Specify None if no image.
# Image .png files should be placed in the \resources\images folder.
# 'Url' - URL of the website to launch, with tokens that are substituted
# when the menu item is click based on the currently selected book.
# The possible token values you can place in the URL are:
# {title} - The title for the first selected book
# {author} - The author for the first selected book
# {isbn} - The ISBN for the first selected book
stip_search_internet_menus = [
    ('FantasticFiction for Author', 'stip_fantastic_fiction.png', 'http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/search/?searchfor=author&keywords={author}'),
    ('FantasticFiction for Title',  'stip_fantastic_fiction.png', 'http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/search/?searchfor=book&keywords={title}'),
    (None, None, None),
    ('Amazon.com for Book',    'stip_amazon.png', 'http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords={author}+{title}'),
    (None, None, None),
    ('Barnes and Noble by isbn',    'stip_bn.png', 'http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?EAN={isbn}&page=index&prod=univ&choice=allproducts&query={isbn}&flag=False&ugrp=1'),
    ('Barnes and Noble by Author',    'stip_bn.png', 'http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=EBOOK&WRD={author}&box={author}&pos=-1&ugrp=1'),
    ('Barnes and Noble by Title',    'stip_bn.png', 'http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=EBOOK&WRD={title}+by+{author}'),
    (None, None, None),
    ('Books by isbn for cover',  'stip_isbn.png', 'http://books-by-isbn.com/cgi-bin/isbn-lookup.pl?isbn={isbn}'),
    (None, None, None),
    ('Book on Goodreads',  'stip_gr.png', 'http://www.goodreads.com/search/search?q={isbn}&group_id=&search_type=books'),
    ('Author on Goodreads',  'stip_gr.png', 'http://www.goodreads.com/search/search?q={author}&group_id=&search_type=books'),
    (None, None, None),
    ('Google.com for Book',    'stip_google.png', 'http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&q={author}+"{title}"'),
    ('Google images for Book', 'stip_google.png', 'http://www.google.com/images?q={author}+{title}'),
    (None, None, None),
    ('Wikipedia for Author',   'stip_wikipedia.png', 'http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search={author}')]
Attached Images

Last edited by iandix; 12-16-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:52 PM   #47
iandix
Addict
iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.iandix is far more humble than you.

like "Theducks" I also have sigil opening from calibre in Ubuntu 10.10 using the following. works without any problems I can see

Code:
# Specify path to your ePub editor for 'Open ePub in Editor' plugin
epub_editor_path = '//opt//sigil//sigil.sh'
Advert
Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #48
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Set the number of covers to show higher in preferences.

Show cover browser in a separate window needs to be ticked.

and make the cover browser shorter in height (changes the number allowed to fit because the aspect ratio of the covers allow more),

Oh. Not try this on a minimal system (gobs of RAM needed)
Ok, I have show browser in a separate window checked, number of covers showing in browse mode is set to 20. My covers window is set so show along the bottom of calibre, but I can still only see one book cover (the cover of a highlighted book).

This worked when I had 0.7.0 installed but now that I upgraded to 0.7.32 it is not working for me.

Should I have done anything special when upgrading?
Old 12-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #49
iandix
Addict

try "shift+Alt+B" and see if the covers now show
Old 12-04-2010, 10:21 PM   #50
thafrogggg
Rabid Book Weasel
thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.thafrogggg once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Acer Iconia A500 Tablet (lovin' it!!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iandix View Post
try "shift+Alt+B" and see if the covers now show
That worked.

Thanks
Advert
Old 12-05-2010, 02:37 AM   #51
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
This plugin offers a quick way to add from the selected books to a specified “user category” via the context menu. A user category (defined using the tag viewer panel on the left of the Calibre display) can contain lists of any combination of authors, tags or series or publishers. For instance you could create a “Favourite Authors” or “Must Read” user category containing not only selected authors but also specified tags or series names etc.

Calibre by default includes a “Manage user categories” button allowing you to create, add and remove the categories and contents. However it can be inconvenient to add items to categories using this dialog particularly with large databases as it has no search capability. This plugin offers a convenient right-click alternative allowing you to add from the books selected in the library view.

Duplicates will not be added to a user category. If the category contents have been changed by your add click action then you should see this reflected in the count and contents of that category in the tag viewer.
In the attached screenshot I have two categories defined: “Fav Authors” and “Processed Auth”. In my case as these are author specific categories I would only use the “Selected authors” sub-menu when adding to them, but the flexibility for combinations exists as you require it.

Special Notes:
  • I have not tested this plugin on anything other than Windows. If someone running Calibre can feedback success or failure on other platforms it would be appreciated by others I am sure.

Installation Steps:
  1. Follow steps as per first post above
  2. NOTE: As the menu of user categories is built at Calibre startup, adding (or removing) new categories using the “Manage user categories” dialog will require a restart of Calibre for them to become available.

Original tracker ticket here
Original forum discussion thread here
I really like this one, it would be nice to have it's compliment also. Is it possible someone can create a Remove from User Category plugin??
Old 12-05-2010, 06:33 AM   #52
TMF
Enthusiast
TMF began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
This plugin allows direct editing of ePub files in an external editor such as Sigil via a right-click menu. This plugin means users now have two choices for editing ePubs, with the "non-sigil" approach being the existing "Tweak ePub" function.
Thank you! Works very well on Windows Vista.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:38 AM   #53
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I really like this one, it would be nice to have it's compliment also. Is it possible someone can create a Remove from User Category plugin??
I'll knock one up for it shortly.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:03 AM   #54
kiwidude
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Plugin for a “Remove from user category” feature

*** This plugin has now been deprecated and the replacement "User Category plugin" can be downloaded from the link below ***
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=118934

An optional companion plugin for the "Add to user category" equivalent as requested.

Allows a user to *remove* selected authors, series, tags or publishers from the specified user category via a context menu action. If the selection does not exist in the list nothing will happen.

For installation and notes refer to the Add plugin post.

Last edited by kiwidude; 01-28-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Replaced with User Category plugin
Old 12-05-2010, 09:33 AM   #55
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Question for plugin developers:

One problem I imagine that you face when implementing some of your ideas is "where do I store persistent data?" For example, I could imagine a plugin that stores book/device information for later processing. Other plugins might want the equivalent of private custom columns.

My thought is that it wouldn't be terribly difficult to implement an attribute scheme. Such a scheme would permit you to associate a named object with a book. The stored attributes (class attributes) must be types known to python so they could be JSON-serializable, probably limited to unicode/string, boolean, int/float, and datetime, as well as lists and dicts of these types. Interfaces would be provided to attach the object to a book and to retrieve an object (if any). They would be something like

db.set_associated_object(id, 'name', class_instance)
and
db.get_associated_object(id, 'name')

The question: if you had this, what would you use it for, if anything?
Old 12-05-2010, 09:44 AM   #56
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
An optional companion plugin for the "Add to user category" equivalent as requested.

Allows a user to *remove* selected authors, series, tags or publishers from the specified user category via a context menu action. If the selection does not exist in the list nothing will happen.

For installation and notes refer to the Add plugin post.
Thank you, that was very quick.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #57
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
I note that you use only the item name when checking for duplicates. This won't always work, because it is permissible to have the same name in different categories. For example, I can easily have a tag named 'foo' and a series named 'foo'.

As it is, when deleting if I have tags:foo in my category and right-click on series:foo in the row, your plugin will delete the tag. Also, if I have both tags:foo and series:foo in the row, one of these will be deleted from the category, but perhaps not the one I clicked on.

A similar problem exists with add. The duplicate check will find tags:foo when I am trying to add series:foo, and vice versa.

If you use the label as part of the match (skip entries that don't have the correct label), then the above problems are avoided.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #58
kiwidude

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I note that you use only the item name when checking for duplicates. This won't always work, because it is permissible to have the same name in different categories. For example, I can easily have a tag named 'foo' and a series named 'foo'.

As it is, when deleting if I have tags:foo in my category and right-click on series:foo in the row, your plugin will delete the tag. Also, if I have both tags:foo and series:foo in the row, one of these will be deleted from the category, but perhaps not the one I clicked on.

A similar problem exists with add. The duplicate check will find tags:foo when I am trying to add series:foo, and vice versa.

If you use the label as part of the match (skip entries that don't have the correct label), then the above problems are avoided.
Thanks for pointing this out, fix made in both the add and remove plugins for anyone who wants to download.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #59
kiwidude

I've also just now updated both the user category plugins to have icons on the submenus, purely a cosmetic update.

See the screenshot on this post.
Old 12-06-2010, 02:24 AM   #60
garcle
Connoisseur
garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.garcle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
thanks KiwiDude for the cool plug-ins

Was wondering how easy it would be to make a Copy MetaData / Paste MetaData contextual menu?

When adding lots of books particularly series, it would be handy to copy one after it has been properly formatted, and then paste it to the others in the series, then only minor tweaks would be required to the pasted ones.

Last edited by garcle; 12-06-2010 at 02:24 AM. Reason: typos
Closed Thread