Notices

Old 06-07-2017, 07:42 PM   #76
kagungp
kagungp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Severe battery drain and light on bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You won't be able to sync if you go back unless you install the patch to prevent a firmware update via sync.
I too was suffering from the severe the battery drain and light-keeps-on bug after upgrading to the latest firmware. Following this advice, I decided to manually downgrade to 4.3.8842 and apply the patch to prevent the automatic update. For now, it seems to solve the problems.
kagungp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:12 PM   #77
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagungp View Post
I too was suffering from the severe the battery drain and light-keeps-on bug after upgrading to the latest firmware. Following this advice, I decided to manually downgrade to 4.3.8842 and apply the patch to prevent the automatic update. For now, it seems to solve the problems.
What supposedly works is to reboot. I cannot say for sure as I've not had the problem on my H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:25 AM   #78
kagungp
kagungp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Annoying bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What supposedly works is to reboot. I cannot say for sure as I've not had the problem on my H2O.
Reboot unfortunately did not work in my case. There were also times when I accidentally left my Kobo Glo to 0% battery (before realising the battery-drain bug), but after restarting, the problems persist. It was this time when I decided to downgrade.

Last edited by kagungp; 06-08-2017 at 01:28 AM.
kagungp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:04 PM   #79
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
I haven't experienced had light issues on my Aura HD after upgrading to this f/w, and had a battery issue only once when sideloading the firmware itself (a fully-charged device processed the upgrade and then reported the battery at 21%; I recharged until the display said the charge was complete, only to find I still only had 43% charge). But since then, the battery seems to be behaving as expected.

However, what I am seeing is an issue with the screen when in sleep mode. I have the setting on to display the book cover when the device sleeps, and about half the time I get that; but about half the time it goes into sleep mode, I'm left with an entirely blank screen, with no text or images. It seems ny to be a display issue, since the device wakes up promptly and doesn't appear to have any problems. It's not an issue worthy of a reset and reloading my library, but it does seem to be specific to this upgrade.

Anyone else seeing this?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #80
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
However, what I am seeing is an issue with the screen when in sleep mode. I have the setting on to display the book cover when the device sleeps, and about half the time I get that; but about half the time it goes into sleep mode, I'm left with an entirely blank screen, with no text or images. It seems ny to be a display issue, since the device wakes up promptly and doesn't appear to have any problems. It's not an issue worthy of a reset and reloading my library, but it does seem to be specific to this upgrade.

Anyone else seeing this?
When the empty screen happened, had you just finished a book? And did you have any opened books? I've had the sleep not showing a cover on my extra devices and it has been because there were no open books. Something has changed in the cover selection recently. I think that will lead to cases where a blank

And for the missing text, if your sleep cover options have the full screen over and don't have info box, if no cover is selected the screen is blank. This happened at least once for me, and it was very disturbing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:36 PM   #81
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Thanks David,
It's always been when I've fallen asleep while reading, so a book has been open and active, and then the device has timed into sleep mode. (Because if I actively put the book away, I have a sleep cover and don't see the screen anyway.) And yes, I do have the info box option de-selected. As you say, an unexpectedly-blank screen is a bit alarming. :-)
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote