Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-04-2008, 02:23 AM   #91
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
My heart going boom boom boom
"Son," he said "Grab your things,
I've come to take you home."

(Solsbury Hill, Peter Gabriel)

Cheers,
Marc (tears streaming...)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:30 AM   #92
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
When love congeals - it soon reveals
The faint aroma - of performing seals
The double-crossing - of a pair of heals
I wish I were in love again

Words- Lorenz Hart
Music- Richard Rodgers

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 01-31-2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Added Video Link
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:35 AM   #93
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Souma Yergon, Sou Nou Yergon...

(...We are Shaking the Tree, Peter Gabriel)

Cheers,
Marc (...and DANCING around CRAZY like a gibbon jitterbuggin' with a deckchair)
Old 07-04-2008, 02:58 AM   #94
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You know, you know where you are with
You know where you are with
Floor collapsing
Floating, bouncing back
And one day....
I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless
Hysterical and...

Radiohead-Let Down

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 08-22-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:00 AM   #95
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

One crowded hour, you were the only one in the room
Well I played a few songs for those bumps in the night
In fact I played this very tune
You said, "What is this six-stringed instrument but an adolescent doom?"
And one crowded hour would lead to my wreck and ruin

(One Crowded Hour Augie March)

Cheers,
Marc (playin' it for me, and playin' it for T - coz I reckon he'd like it)
Old 07-04-2008, 04:05 AM   #96
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me...

(...she showed me her room, isn't it good, Norwegian Wood, The Beatles)

Cheers,
Marc (for Queen Zee)

Last edited by montsnmags; 07-04-2008 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:38 AM   #97
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Я знаю что у
нее нее нее
Душа кошкина
а я шикарная
Мадам Брошкина
она такая
Никакая
никакая
Ну что ты в ней
нашел

Алла Пугачева - Мадам Брошкина

Last edited by Madam Broshkina; 04-16-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:54 AM   #98
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Now listening to...the link above.

Madam Broshkina...is...genius!

Cheers,
Marc
Old 07-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #99
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
Great song I agree. But when someone takes the trouble to write a song about you it would be in bad taste not to like it. I have no idea what the lyrics mean but I am pretty sure they are complimentary. Perhaps someone who speaks Russian could explain what the song means.
Old 07-04-2008, 07:06 AM   #100
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i found a way
i can't explain
but i feel just like a stranger
all alone, i'm on my own
and i feel just like a ghost

"just like a ghost" by yubaba smith & fortune. (you can listen too, if you follow the link.)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:48 AM   #101
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
Motown produced great music, but got brickbats for business practices.
i find that sad, but (even sadder) unsurprising. i like to hope those days are over, especially with the new possibilities of autoprod, youtube, myspace and the like, but i think the majors still have far too much of a say.

Quote:
Some of the Motown session guys have popped up lately touring as a group.
oooh... i would love to see one of those concerts. what is the name ? (just in case, you know...)

Quote:
I credit rock with greatly expanding mine. I paid attention when rock bands began playing blues, country and jazz tunes, and said "Hmmmm. Let's go pick up albums by the guys these guys listened to when they were learning to play." 1,500 albums later...
me too. i like pulling on the threads of songs and following them as well. probably half of the music i listen to now, i discovered via a different group, following influences and friends and evolution... but there's so much !! i'll never know about everything...

Quote:
I got to be friends with a couple of the late night DJs. One in particular said "I assume my audience is stoned, balling, tripping, or all three, and program accordingly." I think he liked me because I could call him at 3AM and have a coherent conversation.
heh... i can understand that. i think Khaled (the radio nova intern) liked me because i talked back to him. (coherently, though.)

[QUOTE=DMcCunney;208681]"We're hunting backhoes! We're using fiber optic cable for bait! Works every time!" [QUOTE]

Quote:
...but he has been saved, and sits now in a little hollow at the base of a clump of bamboo palms by the pool, eye to the pool-bar, the water and mostly the sky, dreaming of a world without hedgehog- and gibbon-oppression.
aw. i love that story. hedgehogs the world over are glad you've got their back. and i'm putting in to the Ministry for a Medal for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
When love congeals - it soon reveals
The faint aroma - of performing seals
The double-crossing - of a pair of heals
I wish I were in love again

Words- Lorenz Hart
Music- Richard Rodgers

Sung by- Frank Sinatra
wow. none of the songs i listen to have lyrics that brilliant. can i come over and play records at your house Madame B ?

Quote:
You know, you know where you are with
You know where you are with
Floor collapsing
Floating, bouncing back
And one day....
I am going to grow wings
A chemical reaction
Hysterical and useless
Hysterical and...

Radiohead-Let Down
see ?? brilliant, brilliant song. thank god for radiohead. the world would be a bleaker place without them.

Quote:
One crowded hour, you were the only one in the room
Well I played a few songs for those bumps in the night
In fact I played this very tune
You said, "What is this six-stringed instrument but an adolescent doom?"
And one crowded hour would lead to my wreck and ruin

(One Crowded Hour Augie March)

Cheers,
Marc (playin' it for me, and playin' it for T - coz I reckon he'd like it)
i like it, anyway. i'm going to be listening to that all day.

Quote:
I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me...

(...she showed me her room, isn't it good, Norwegian Wood, The Beatles?

Cheers,
Marc (for Queen Zee)

Quote:
Я знаю что у
нее нее нее
Душа кошкина
а я шикарная
Мадам Брошкина
она такая
Никакая
никакая
Ну что ты в ней
нашел

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ZJuZWNrvU
Quote:

Cheers,
Marc
sometimes disconcertingly so.

Quote:
Great song I agree. But when someone takes the trouble to write a song about you it would be in bad taste not to like it. I have no idea what the lyrics mean but I am pretty sure they are complimentary. Perhaps someone who speaks Russian could explain what the song means.
calling igorsk, igorsk to the music thread...
Old 07-04-2008, 08:07 AM   #102
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Quote:
Some of the Motown session guys have popped up lately touring as a group.
oooh... i would love to see one of those concerts. what is the name ? (just in case, you know...)
That would be the Funk Brothers. An excellent documentary was made of them called "Standing in the Shadows of Motown."

http://www.standingintheshadowsofmotown.com/
Old 07-04-2008, 08:10 AM   #103
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
That would be the Funk Brothers. An excellent documentary was made of them called "Standing in the Shadows of Motown."

http://www.standingintheshadowsofmotown.com/
hey !!!! that documentary has been at the top of my list of films to see for ages now !!! i haven't tracked it down yet (working on it). i have the soundtrack ; that's the covers i mentioned in an earlier post. brilliant, brilliant soundtrack. i love it.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:54 AM   #104
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Quote:

Я знаю что у
нее нее нее
Душа кошкина
а я шикарная
Мадам Брошкина
она такая
Никакая
никакая
Ну что ты в ней
нашел

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_ZJuZWNrvU

I agree with Zelda. I think you need Igorsk.

Here's what I got, but my Russian is very elementary (and I humbly apologize to any person who falls down laughing at my translation).

Я знаю что у ---- I know that in
нее нее нее ---- hee hee hee
Душа кошкина -- soul of (koshkina)
а я шикарная --- while I elegant
Мадам Брошкина - Madam Broshkina
она такая ---- it such
Никакая ---- None
никакая ---- None
Ну что ты в ней - Well that you in it
нашел ---- found

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 10:57 AM   #105
zelda_pinwheel

well that's better than i could do. does koshkina mean kitty or kitten by any chance ?

Tags
birth of the shums, blues, listening, shumswrisomkw, unutterable silliness, youtubed! :)