Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-24-2011, 12:43 PM   #46
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Noughty - the joys of web page scraping . Post an example book name or goodreads id so I can test it.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #47
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

v1.0.8 Released

Changes in this release:
  • If large number of authors, ensure more... and ...less is stripped from authors results.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:24 AM   #48
Noughty
Addict
Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.Noughty is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: Kindle NT
Thanks for fixing it
Noughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #49
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
One of those really minor annoyances that's got to me at the moment ...

Trying to view the log of a running job via the "Show jobs detail" button is nearly impossible because the viewer resets to beginning-of-file every time information is added at the end.

Would fixing this be trivial? I ask because it seems to me that another of your plugins doesn't have this issue. (Extract ISBN?)

Or, of course, I could just wait patiently until the job finished .....
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #50
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@capnm - raise it as an issue with Kovid via the bug tracker, it is nothing to do with my plugin code.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:45 AM   #51
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-T1
First of all: I'm using Goodreads to get the genres of books - and I'm German and it really nice!
I can translate the genres with the remapping table.

Now to the questions?
  1. What genres are retrieved? Example: "1984", I get 5 genres, but not the one with the highest "rating"/most people.
  2. Is it possible (in future) to give the max number of retrieved genres per book?
salines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 AM   #52
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

@salines - I don't have the code in front of me, but IIRC the plugin scrapes data off the web page in the order it is found. So if Goodreads order by most popular genre first, that will be in the list. However the plugin will "skip" any genres it does not have mapped and get the next off the list instead.

If you have a specific example where this is not the case, give me the details. A link to the goodreads page, screenshot of your mappings for that genre (or copy of your Goodreads plugin configuration settings file) and what tags you ended up with would do it.

Not sure what you mean in your second question. If you want to control how many genres are retrieved from Goodreads, calibre already has a setting on the Downloade metadata configuration dialog for this, something like "max tags per book" or something. However be aware that if you have "other" different tags on the book already then they contribute to the count. That is calibre code that I have no control over. Because of the complex interdependencies it would cause with that existing calibre code I haven't bothered to try to make how many genres retrieved from Goodreads configurable.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:42 AM   #53
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
I can translate the genres with the remapping table.
You can add any genres to the mapping table. The initial table has a great selection but you may want other genres mapped that aren't there, simply look at the Goodreads page for 1984 and add them if they aren't in the current map.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #54
salines
Zealot
salines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enoughsalines will become famous soon enough

Many thanks for your informations.
If there is still a problem I will post screenshots of that example.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #55
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by salines View Post
Many thanks for your informations.
If there is still a problem I will post screenshots of that example.
I actually went through and expanded the 60+ genres mapped with the initial plugin install and have about 250 items mapped in my json file. If you want to use my file as your starting point read this post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:41 PM   #56
salines
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I actually went through and expanded the 60+ genres mapped with the initial plugin install and have about 250 items mapped in my json file. If you want to use my file as your starting point read this post.
I downloaded that file and this helped me a lot!
Old 11-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #57
SoulStyle
Enthusiast
SoulStyle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I really love this plug-in. It is such a great time saver when trying to order ones tag chaos.
One small thing:
Is it possible to make the shelf mapping case insensitive? Currently a mapping on "Literature" will omit Goodread shelfs called "literature". Also lower case mappings are sorted down to the end of the mapping list instead of alphabetically.
When trying to rename an existing mapping to change the case an error message pops up saying "ERROR: Rename Failed: A genre with the same name already exists"

On a side-note:
I would love to see such a tag mapping feature as a general purpose plug-in. I.e. a plug-in with a customizable mapping-table that goes through all books and remaps all found tags according to the table.

Many thanks again for all your great plug-ins. Much appreciated.

Kind regards
SoulStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 04:15 PM   #58
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer

v1.0.9 Released

Changes in this release:
  • Support case insensitive comparisons of genre tag mappings
  • Allow renaming an item changing only case
  • When sorting to display the mappings in the config screen, ignore case
Old 11-15-2011, 12:33 PM   #59
SoulStyle
Enthusiast
SoulStyle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3