Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-15-2017, 06:10 AM   #16
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Obviously, SpiderOak is a very poorly written program. Why do you still want to use it knowing that it's poorly written and causes problems?
Like I already said when you said this earlier, OK, accepted. I accept that SpiderOak must go. I'm looking for a replacement at the moment. But please don't recommend Tresorit again, I looked and it isn't free like SpiderOak is. (I might just set up an encrypted folder on Google Drive if I can't find anything else.)
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:25 AM   #17
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Phssthpok - calibre provides two features to help you 'manage' those file association entries, an Environment Variable and an option in the calibre-debug command line program. They are documented in the User Manual.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #18
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Phssthpok - calibre provides two features to help you 'manage' those file association entries, an Environment Variable and an option in the calibre-debug command line program. They are documented in the User Manual.

BR
OK, great. I just wish the uninstaller would have cleaned them out automatically, whatever was there at uninstall time. And as I said, I no longer have any confidence that they will be cleaned out if I uninstall in future, e.g. to switch to the 64-bit version after taking out SpiderOak. I'm surprised, considering how amazingly good Calibre itself is, that there's an uninstallation problem like this.

Last edited by Phssthpok; 08-15-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
OK, great. I just wish the uninstaller would have cleaned them out automatically, whatever was there at uninstall time. And as I said, I no longer have any confidence that they will be cleaned out if I uninstall in future, e.g. to switch to the 64-bit version after taking out SpiderOak. I'm surprised, considering how amazingly good Calibre itself is, that there's an uninstallation problem like this.
So go to the Calibre form (no sub forums) and post that it's a bug and use the word bug in the title.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:19 AM   #20
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So go to the Calibre form (no sub forums) and post that it's a bug and use the word bug in the title.
OK, thanks.