Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Russell Beattie: The end of WIMP and the Rise of Touch

http://www.russellbeattie.com/blog/t...-rise-of-touch

Quote:
Despite having shown tablet PCs for the past year or so at the big gadget shows, there really hasn't been a whole bunch of touchscreen enabled PCs out there at a reasonable price. That's why I was so excited about the IdeaPad when I saw it on sale, actually. At one point, I was even considering buying a DIY touchscreen kit for my HP Mini. Since I'm *not* a hardware guy, that tells you how few options there have been lately. Maybe once some decent tablets get into the hands of developers, there'll be more understanding of what needs to be done. I hope it happens soon! Because the quicker I can use a slick non-Apple tablet device, the better!
Beattie actually took the time (and money) to test a lot of options out there, which is pretty nice.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote